South Pittsburg "Co" Head Coaches

TheHill

• TheHill changed the title to South Pittsburg "Co Head Coaches"
  • CoachT changed the title to South Pittsburg "Co" Head Coaches
3 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I was trying to remember if I’ve ever seen co-head coaches before. I can’t recall any in my 40 years in the game. Co-coordinators is fairly common nowadays. I’ve also seen a few situations where the athletic director was also an assistant football coach. 

I've never seen it...ever ...in any sport 

21 minutes ago, TheHill said:

I've never seen it...ever ...in any sport 

Greenback had co-HC’s before Greg Ryan, I know Oneida had co-HC’s for a time after Coach May Sr. died during the season in the ‘90’s. I remember a few others over the years it seems. Not common but typically follows a sudden loss of an HC during a season where little to no time to find a permanent replacement. I’ve never saw it continue beyond a second season, usually it’s just a partial season band-aid fix to finish a season but occasionally it will continue the next year, after that typically a more conventional solution is found.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, crow said:

Greenback had co-HC’s before Greg Ryan, I know Oneida had co-HC’s for a time after Coach May Sr. died during the season in the ‘90’s. I remember a few others over the years it seems. Not common but typically follows a sudden loss of an HC during a season where little to no time to find a permanent replacement. I’ve never saw it continue beyond a second season, usually it’s just a partial season band-aid fix to finish a season but occasionally it will continue the next year, after that typically a more conventional solution is found.  

Exactly,, and sure haven’t ever seen it end then way it did for the pirates. 

8 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Exactly,, and sure haven’t ever seen it end then way it did for the pirates. 

GBs co head Coaches went back to back Championship appearances but had to play Nashville Christian College and a Completely loaded Dresden team and lost to both.It works as long as both know each others strengths and work for one goal.

• Like 1