South Pittsburg "Co" Head Coaches

TheHill

What's SP going to do? Our football stinks and I am tired of it. I want BBuch to bring back some of the good coaches we have had in the past. I also miss the rivalry with SP. I heard our current coach and maybe another coach turned down SP to play. We should be playing you every year. Tell your coach to start playing us again or better yet just come back.

6 hours ago, BoydBuchBacker said:

What's SP going to do? Our football stinks and I am tired of it. I want BBuch to bring back some of the good coaches we have had in the past. I also miss the rivalry with SP. I heard our current coach and maybe another coach turned down SP to play. We should be playing you every year. Tell your coach to start playing us again or better yet just come back.

You can’t have Coach Stone back lol.  I, too, miss those rivalry days with Boyd.  It became such a rivalry that in many ways was more fun that the Jasper/SP one.  It was more competitive for many years while the Jasper one was stagnant.  I doubt we were turned down by Boyd.  Most likely it was a scheduling issue since they made the full move to D2, but then again you never know.   We’ve all heard rumblings about the next coach(es), but at the end of the day we just gotta trust the process.  The couple of candidates I’ve heard R-U-M-O-R-S about would certainly get the nod from me if my vote meant anything.  The only things I ask of the process are:

(1) talk to the kids.  It doesn’t have to be who they want but most DEFINITELY needs to be someone they need

(2) leave the politics out of it meaning the parents and the community leaders.  I’m not saying don’t give them a voice, but just don’t let their voices dictate the decision.  This will only put us right back where we were with CCJ and CBW.  

(3) let the decision be made by the AD, the Principal, and allow the longest tenured current coach to have a voice, unless that coach is up for the job, then speak with the next longest tenure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 7:00 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

You can’t have Coach Stone back lol.  I, too, miss those rivalry days with Boyd.  It became such a rivalry that in many ways was more fun that the Jasper/SP one.  It was more competitive for many years while the Jasper one was stagnant.  I doubt we were turned down by Boyd.  Most likely it was a scheduling issue since they made the full move to D2, but then again you never know.   We’ve all heard rumblings about the next coach(es), but at the end of the day we just gotta trust the process.  The couple of candidates I’ve heard R-U-M-O-R-S about would certainly get the nod from me if my vote meant anything.  The only things I ask of the process are:

(1) talk to the kids.  It doesn’t have to be who they want but most DEFINITELY needs to be someone they need

(2) leave the politics out of it meaning the parents and the community leaders.  I’m not saying don’t give them a voice, but just don’t let their voices dictate the decision.  This will only put us right back where we were with CCJ and CBW.  

(3) let the decision be made by the AD, the Principal, and allow the longest tenured current coach to have a voice, unless that coach is up for the job, then speak with the next longest tenure.

Stone will be named the HC at SP this week.

12 hours ago, Tiger10 said:

Stone will be named the HC at SP this week.

2 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Maybe. We're hearing different things, but your story may be correct.

DS what kind of mess is this? You cant believe this big dummy from whitwell about who is going to coach our boys.  You think im joking but im not.

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

DS what kind of mess is this? You cant believe this big dummy from whitwell about who is going to coach our boys.  You think im joking but im not.

1 hour ago, oneyewilly said:

Not what I've been hearing but you never know. I just hope they hurry up. Our boy need to be lifting weights and chasing chickens. 

I've heard a lot of mess.  

I've got my ears on... c'mon.

il_500x500.484956719_245z.jpg

Edited by Southtowner

5 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

2 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Not what I've been hearing but you never know. I just hope they hurry up. Our boy need to be lifting weights and chasing chickens. 

What are some of the different things?