Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

I know very little about East Tenn, but in West Tenn it seems that McKenzie, Gleason, and Greenfield are all really good.  I’ve seen both Gleason and Greenfield and each team has a dominant lead guard, but I’ve yet to see McKenzie.  I’m going to watch some games in middle Tenn when I get the opportunity.  I’m interested see some action in District 9 and 10

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MagicJ said:

Went to watch Bradford vs. West Carroll game Friday night.  Bradford has a very strong team definitely not to be counted out of potential run for state.  Three strong perimeter players and strong inside game.  I may check out a few more games this week of theirs.

Bradford is definitely better this year and will give Gleason, Greenfield and Dresden all they want.

Clay and Pickett are playing well. Smith has the young girls playing A Lot better than they were expected to be at Pickett.  They doubled up RBS tonight which was expected to be a strong contender in the district. If he can instill a little more toughness in the younger players this team is more than capable of competing with any class A team. 

4 minutes ago, rammerjammer2 said:

Clay and Pickett are playing well. Smith has the young girls playing A Lot better than they were expected to be at Pickett.  They doubled up RBS tonight which was expected to be a strong contender in the district. If he can instill a little more toughness in the younger players this team is more than capable of competing with any class A team. 

Looks like Clarkrange is pretty good as well. Clay County, Pickett County amd Clarkrange just seem to reload every year and have really good programs. I am glad they are doing well. Love to see a bunch of scrappy young girls suprise everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Looks like Clarkrange is pretty good as well. Clay County, Pickett County amd Clarkrange just seem to reload every year and have really good programs. I am glad they are doing well. Love to see a bunch of scrappy young girls suprise everyone. 

Clarkrange is doing well. It’s hard to leave clarkrange out, but I do believe Pickett and Clay are better. Lamar is arguably the best coach in girls/any basketball, but clarkrange’s talent compared to Pickett’s/Clay’s talent is less. Good thing is, is that they get a chance to settle it on the floor. Good luck to all. 

• 2 months later...

Greenfield just woke up from hibernation and blew Gleason out. 57-36. Greenfield looked like a team on a mission. Winberry kid faceguarded Anderson amd done a great job. Edie played lights out, Alford and number 20 hit 5 three’s.  That is the Greenfield team I have been waiting to see. Knew they had it in them. Gleason still a good team. Just Greenfield’s night. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield just woke up from hibernation and blew Gleason out. 57-36. Greenfield looked like a team on a mission. Winberry kid faceguarded Anderson amd done a great job. Edie played lights out, Alford and number 20 hit 5 three’s.  That is the Greenfield team I have been waiting to see. Knew they had it in them. Gleason still a good team. Just Greenfield’s night. 

I just saw the score and that’s a pretty lopsided victory. Impressive win for Greenfield. IMO, that district doesn’t have a stand-above-the-rest team. It seems they’ve all beat each other in regular season or so it seems, and it’s anybody’s game at tip off. Should be a fun tourney for them. They’re all kind of close. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon