Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

1 minute ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Dresden will be in championship of The region, I was impressed by Dresden last night.  
What if district 13 sweeps the other district  would the region be moved back to UTM?  

Don’t know how that works, but it is a good question. I can see that happening as well. Bradford and Trenton could go either way, IMO and the other three aren’t beating 13 A’s top 3. I was expecting Greenfield and Gleason to be at state and we seen what Gleason did at Christmas. Greenfield is hot at the right time for sure. Greenfield gets there and gets a decent draw they might win it all. They play good in that gym. They for sure won’t be intimidated by the Glass House. 

Bradford has already beaten Trenton twice so a sweep seems highly likely. Of course it’s tournament time and anything can happen.  I would hope we could the move the tournament to UTM but Trenton is a neutral site so it’s no big deal. I hate Gleason and Greenfield are in the same bracket because either team could have gone a long way this year. Dresden is a very good team and in region championship game in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, GTG901 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if  Houston County made it all the way to the state tournament. They are a very dangerous basketball team.

Homer quote.  Loss to Camden was a baaaaaad loss.  The regular season games against McKenzie was more the Rebels playing down to their opponents than Houston County actually being a threat.  The score in the district championship game was more indicative of the separation between McKenzie and HC.  They might not get past Perry Co in the second round of regions.

29 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Bradford has already beaten Trenton twice so a sweep seems highly likely. Of course it’s tournament time and anything can happen.  I would hope we could the move the tournament to UTM but Trenton is a neutral site so it’s no big deal. I hate Gleason and Greenfield are in the same bracket because either team could have gone a long way this year. Dresden is a very good team and in region championship game in my opinion. 

Dresden and RBS are in a good position, IMO. Greenfield and Gleason and Clay and Pickett County will be hot tickets. Pickett District is known for having crazy upsets and two great teams ending up 1 and 3 going into Region. 

36 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Believe it would go back to district champion  school campus, so Greenfield would host Region tournament.

3 hours ago, Chewbaca said:

33, she’s a good player but playing D-1 at the SEC level for a 5’4 inch guard will be real tough if she is on the main roster.

Don’t doubt Edie Darby. Ashley Mc was no bigger and she had a huge impact in the SEC. I agree with pioneer the guard play at UT is suspect anyway. Edie will be just fine at UT, she has what it takes and will push the ones up there, she will play. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

40 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

Homer quote.  Loss to Camden was a baaaaaad loss.  The regular season games against McKenzie was more the Rebels playing down to their opponents than Houston County actually being a threat.  The score in the district championship game was more indicative of the separation between McKenzie and HC.  They might not get past Perry Co in the second round of regions.

You have no idea what you talking about. Have you even watched them play. Already beat Perry Co by 15 this yr. Not sure what happened in the loss vs Camden but they also beat Camden by 15 this year. I have seen games all over west and Middle TN this year and I am  telling you they have a good solid team there in Houston Co.

30 minutes ago, GTG901 said:

You have no idea what you talking about. Have you even watched them play. Already beat Perry Co by 15 this yr. Not sure what happened in the loss vs Camden but they also beat Camden by 15 this year. I have seen games all over west and Middle TN this year and I am  telling you they have a good solid team there in Houston Co.

I would agree with them being very solid.  McKenzie did a great job of taking away their 3 ball in the district championship game.  Gant scored 26 and the rest combined only 20.  In the game at McKenzie, 26 three pointers between the two teams.  They were on conscious that night shooting.  I fully expect a rematch in the Region championship between these two.  But, its tourney time and one off night or bad game, and you can be done. 

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Don’t know how that works, but it is a good question. I can see that happening as well. Bradford and Trenton could go either way, IMO and the other three aren’t beating 13 A’s top 3. I was expecting Greenfield and Gleason to be at state and we seen what Gleason did at Christmas. Greenfield is hot at the right time for sure. Greenfield gets there and gets a decent draw they might win it all. They play good in that gym. They for sure won’t be intimidated by the Glass House. 

If 13A sweeps, they’ll play the semi-finals & championship at UTM I believe. They’ll have to navigate around the college games. I think that’s how that’ll work if there is a sweep on Thursday. 

7 hours ago, GTG901 said:

Both the Camden win and Perry Co win were very early in the season. Obviously by the most recent game with Camden some teams have gotten better as the season went on. Houston County hasn’t had a quality win in almost 2 months.

Edited by NigCuppy

6 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

If 13A sweeps, they’ll play the semi-finals & championship at UTM I believe. They’ll have to navigate around the college games. I think that’s how that’ll work if there is a sweep on Thursday. 

That would be to Greenfield’s advantage you would think as well as they are playing there right now. Gleason didn’t look good there last night and I know it was a consolation but they may play better somewhere else. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Decisions like this are left to the coaches to decide. Typically in our region, if one district sweeps the host district, the games reverted back to the location of the district tournament host.

That's just the example that I'm familiar with, like I say, it's left up to the coaches to decide.