Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

North Green is physical. They seem to always be in good position. They are Turnover prone a little but I agree they are dangerous. We know them very well. Will be interesting. 

Good chance cloudland will be there with north greene.  We play the same type of ball but we're a little smaller

Since I mainly follow middle and west Tennessee, then I’m going to say that the Wayne County-Houston County looks like it quite a matchup.  I watched Houston County play McKenzie close by making several three point attempts.  I’ve been following Wayne County scores and it seems there were some close games in that region tournament.  So what’s everyone’s thoughts here?  What does Wayne County do well?  I’m pretty sure the strength of Houston County is its guard play.

I see McKenzie winning easily.  I think Gleason will win as I’ve seen them play a few times and the point guard there is a spectacular player.  But I have no idea in the Dresden-MAHS matchup

1 hour ago, thetruth1 said:

Since I mainly follow middle and west Tennessee, then I’m going to say that the Wayne County-Houston County looks like it quite a matchup.  I watched Houston County play McKenzie close by making several three point attempts.  I’ve been following Wayne County scores and it seems there were some close games in that region tournament.  So what’s everyone’s thoughts here?  What does Wayne County do well?  I’m pretty sure the strength of Houston County is its guard play.

I see McKenzie winning easily.  I think Gleason will win as I’ve seen them play a few times and the point guard there is a spectacular player.  But I have no idea in the Dresden-MAHS matchup

Wayne County is a pretty solid team. Kinda reminds me a little like North Green. Looking at them they don’t look quick but they are always in good position and are in the right spots and play quick. Wayne County plays really good defense, good post and pretty good guards MAHS will be a big challenge for Dresden, IMO and will be a dogfight. They took Peabody into OT last year and had a couple of chances to win it. Gleason will win easily. 

While I think McKenzie is easily the Class A favorite to win it all.  I do think that Gleason could pull the upset in the final four should the two teams meet.  Gleason’s PG is legit and would likely not be as affected by the backcourt pressure of McKenzie as other teams have been

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Wayne County is a pretty solid team. Kinda reminds me a little like North Green. Looking at them they don’t look quick but they are always in good position and are in the right spots and play quick. Wayne County plays really good defense, good post and pretty good guards MAHS will be a big challenge for Dresden, IMO and will be a dogfight. They took Peabody into OT last year and had a couple of chances to win it. Gleason will win easily. 

I feel Wayne County will need that solid defense to win against Houston County.  The HC guards really impressed me and from what I’ve heard about WC the strength is in the paint…if that’s the case then it should be quite an intriguing matchup

Just now, thetruth1 said:

While I think McKenzie is easily the Class A favorite to win it all.  I do think that Gleason could pull the upset in the final four should the two teams meet.  Gleason’s PG is legit and would likely not be as affected by the backcourt pressure of McKenzie as other teams have been

McKenzie will have their hands full with North Green first round. Gleason will too with Clay County.

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie will have their hands full with North Green first round. Gleason will too with Clay County.

Well even though I can watch on NFHS if those games could be as good as you describe then I may have to go to Murfreesboro for the opening round

9 minutes ago, thetruth1 said:

Well even though I can watch on NFHS if those games could be as good as you describe then I may have to go to Murfreesboro for the opening round

Bottom bracket looks like the tougher side in Single A. We played North Green at state last year and they beat us at the buzzer. We played them again this summer in Murfreesboro without the big post Anderson. They got her back now. They got enough pieces to be dangerous. This will be their 3rd straight trip if they make it. Clay County was good last year and have done well this year. 

We have to get past Moore County first.  

Houston County is tough.  We beat them all 4 times we played them but Simpson and Gant are the scorers.  Gant will drive on you and Simpson, if left open, can shoot the 3 ball just about from anywhere on the floor.

That game at McKenzie that night was the best high school girls game I have ever watched.  26 threes! 

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If coaching matters WC has leg up on most teams - she does a fantastic job 

24 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They are a good team. Hear they are young too. Any good restaurants in Summertown?? Think we are going through Linden and Hoenwohl.

In Linden for a football game a few years back and ate at Hens and Hogs (loaded baked potato was pretty good).  I don’t know how young Wayne County is but it does seem that they have made quite a bit of improvement in the last couple of years

• Like 1