Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

46 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I would have thought more. I have been a fan of girls bball since...well a long time lol, and seems as if Cloudland's Ladies are there almost every year. How can you not be a closet Highlanders fan with those team colors and that name?

They love their girls basketball in Cloudland for sure. That is what it is all about. 

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I would have thought more. I have been a fan of girls bball since...well a long time lol, and seems as if Cloudland's Ladies are there almost every year. How can you not be a closet Highlanders fan with those team colors and that name?

I appreciate that. I've got twins who will be freshmen this fall.  They're among 7 talented girls who will be joining the lady landers for camps this summer.  3 speedy guards and 4 big posts including one the size of NG post.  

I’m planning to get to Murfreesboro on Wednesday and I have to say I’m most interested in Class A.  I’ve always liked the smaller schools, and it seems there are some really compelling matchups this year.  I have t seen Dresden play any this year, but I’m looking forward to watching them as I’m somewhat biased to West Tn teams.  I know Gleason and especially McKenzie are really good teams.  I know the Wayne County teams from the past are good and won both the district and region tournaments and from what I can gather haven’t lost to a Class A team all season.  It just comes down to which team plays it’s best down the stretch though.  I saw Loretto play earlier in the year and so no way that team wouldn’t be in Murfreesboro, but that’s tournament basketball at its best.  

I’m going to try to familiarize  myself with these teams from the East, and I’m glad that class A doesn’t start until Thursday because even though I’ll arrive on Wednesday I won’t be there for the first two games.  I’ll get to see all of the class A tournament though.  I really have no predictions to make other than I think McKenzie was quite deserving of the number one ranking and some team will have to play an excellent game to defeat them.

54 minutes ago, GTG901 said:

How is the seeding done for this tournament? Why McKenzie and N. Greene in first round these are the 2 best teams . Is it random draw?

We were wondering the same thing.  Isn't it the same each year and you just slot the teams from the different sectionals?  I really don't know.

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

We were wondering the same thing.  Isn't it the same each year and you just slot the teams from the different sectionals?  I really don't know.

Blind draw but team from same sectional can’t be on same side of bracket - amazing how 2 of the favorites always play each on first day but as they say got to win Them all to be # 1 and who remembers # 2 except #2 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

According to TSSAA, it is a blind draw.  They could do themselves a favor by livestreaming it or at least recording the draw and making it viewable 

2 hours ago, maddams said:

According to TSSAA, it is a blind draw.  They could do themselves a favor by livestreaming it or at least recording the draw and making it viewable 

They did broadcast it a few years back. I remember watching it. I believe it was the year Covid cut it short.

3 hours ago, maddams said:

As of 2018 you could watch draw but w Covid they made a decision do it anonymously ( yea right ) but I agree they could and should video feed imo