Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

18 hours ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

Clarkrange is down this year...8 losses. They split with Clay Co. and were swept by Pickett Co and Red Boiling Springs. They have to play their way into the district tournament against Gordonsville, but they should win that game. But, they beat Clay Co. once but lost by 13 in the rematch. They only beat Gordonsville( 7-19) by 8 recently. In most other districts they would be first though. 7A has three teams in the top 10. Clay Co. seems to be struggling lately beating one of the weakest area teams by just 2 (Clinton Co, Ky... area teams often play them. When Pickett Co played Clinton Co earlier, they had a 37 point lead when the starters came out. It should be Clay and Pickett in the district and region finals.

18 hours ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

Clay will play the winner of the play-in game...Clarkrange vs Gordonsville. Pickett Co will play Red Boiling Springs.

District here has always been some suprises. Really crazy when Jackson County was in it. It wouldn’t suprise me if Clarkrange or RBS won the tournament. 

Edited by pioneer42

Great time of the year right here with the postseason set to begin — I’ve seen McKenzie play multiple times and this team is really really good!  That being said I’ve been impressed with Houston County as well.  Both teams should easily make it to substrate and quite likely to Murfreesboro.  The neighboring region is wide open but I give the edge to Greenfield with a player like Darby it’s hard to consider her team the favorites 

1 hour ago, thetruth1 said:

Great time of the year right here with the postseason set to begin — I’ve seen McKenzie play multiple times and this team is really really good!  That being said I’ve been impressed with Houston County as well.  Both teams should easily make it to substrate and quite likely to Murfreesboro.  The neighboring region is wide open but I give the edge to Greenfield with a player like Darby it’s hard to consider her team the favorites 

Wayne County whoever is runner up in Region will not be an easy task I will tell you. We played them this Fall and they remind me a lot of North Green. Whoever is runner up in the Greenfield Region will have to go to MAHS which will be a challenge. I am like you though. I do like Greenfield and McKenzie’s chances to get to state. Greenfield and Edie have played there a bunch and that matters. Wouldn’t suprise me one bit they get hot and win it all. I am not predicting it but Edie plays well in that gym. That matters. McKenzie is the favorite though. Good luck to all.

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Wayne County whoever is runner up in Region will not be an easy task I will tell you. We played them this Fall and they remind me a lot of North Green. Whoever is runner up in the Greenfield Region will have to go to MAHS which will be a challenge. I am like you though. I do like Greenfield and McKenzie’s chances to get to state. Greenfield and Edie have played there a bunch and that matters. Wouldn’t suprise me one bit they get hot and win it all. I am not predicting it but Edie plays well in that gym. That matters. McKenzie is the favorite though. Good luck to all.

Substate matchups look like a combination of McKenzie and Houston County against Wayne County and Huntland. That’s four high quality A teams with only two making it to the Boro. Region finals will be huge as winning substate games on the road is never easy

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I’ve seen Huntland and Moore County play one time each and I can see how both are capable of advancing out of region play.  You say Wayne County is comparable to North Green, but I’m not that familiar with NG so how would you describe Wayne County overall

4 minutes ago, thetruth1 said:

I’ve seen Huntland and Moore County play one time each and I can see how both are capable of advancing out of region play.  You say Wayne County is comparable to North Green, but I’m not that familiar with NG so how would you describe Wayne County overall

They just play good defense and have good post play. When we played them one of their starting post was out to injury and they had a real good Freshman take her place. The girl that was injured is supposedly back. They played Summertown tough twice. They have toned up athletic girls and they can shoot some too. They played us tough this Fall  in our jamboree. Definitely a team that can be real tough.  

31 minutes ago, maddams said:

Substate matchups look like a combination of McKenzie and Houston County against Wayne County and Huntland. That’s four high quality A teams with only two making it to the Boro. Region finals will be huge as winning substate games on the road is never easy

Sounds like a great substate brewing there. Moore County is also pretty good I hear if they are in that sectional. 

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They just play good defense and have good post play. When we played them one of their starting post was out to injury and they had a real good Freshman take her place. The girl that was injured is supposedly back. They played Summertown tough twice. They have toned up athletic girls and they can shoot some too. They played us tough this Fall  in our jamboree. Definitely a team that can be real tough.  

Thanks for the report with pretty good details.  The Wayne County record is impressive but it doesn’t seem like the district is that strong.  However I’m sure Collinwood is quite capable as I know the Trojanettes have a senior point guard that can be very effective.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, pioneer42 said:

District here has always been some suprises. Really crazy when Jackson County was in it. It wouldn’t suprise me if Clarkrange or RBS won the tournament. 

When Jackson was really good several times the 3rd and 4th place teams were better than most of the State Tournament teams. It was insane. Larry White talked about being at RBS and having a top 5 team and never getting out of the Regional Tournament. I expect 2 teams from this district make it to State this year. 

Edited by Khall555

56 minutes ago, thetruth1 said:

Thanks for the report with pretty good details.  The Wayne County record is impressive but it doesn’t seem like the district is that strong.  However I’m sure Collinwood is quite capable as I know the Trojanettes have a senior point guard that can be very effective.

They are a team that is scrappy enough to get hot and make a good run. If their offense gets rolling, they will be dangerous. Defense is consistent, but they go through stretches when their offense struggles.

43 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

When Jackson was really good several times the 3rd and 4th place teams were better than most of the State Tournament teams. It was insane. Larry White talked about being at RBS and having a top 5 team and never getting out of the Regional Tournament. I expect 2 teams from this district make it to State this year. 

Yeah I know myself being a GC Fan I always keep up statewide as much as possible. I agree this District is always tough. If Gold Balls were given for toughest Districts, this District would have won a house full of them .