Class A top teams so far

thetruth1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

They are a team that is scrappy enough to get hot and make a good run. If their offense gets rolling, they will be dangerous. Defense is consistent, but they go through stretches when their offense struggles.

You are spot on Pioneer. Wayne County fan here. They will be full speed the whole game. Bench is very deep and Coach Ashley plays a lot of girls.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I know myself being a GC Fan I always keep up statewide as much as possible. I agree this District is always tough. If Gold Balls were given for toughest Districts, this District would have won a house full of them . 

It used to have more teams Rickman and Hermitage Springs used to exist. Rickman was a Girls powerhouse and HS was better in Boys. 

On 2/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, pioneer42 said:

District here has always been some suprises. Really crazy when Jackson County was in it. It wouldn’t suprise me if Clarkrange or RBS won the tournament. 

Clay vs Clarkrange in the district semis will be one to watch. I think Clarkrange can give Clay some matchup issues but I still believe Clay wins.  Pickett over RBS by 15. They have a really good freshman player at PC and I’ve heard her younger sister who’s in the 8th grade is just as good so look for Coach Smith’s team to be a staple at the Glass house for the foreseeable future. Coach Ferrell does an amazing job at the middle school level for Pickett County. I’m really surprised he’s not been given an opportunity to be a head coach at the high school level by now.  Clay County is the favorite but The key here is coming in 2nd in the district tournament. You’re almost guaranteed a state tournament. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clay vs Clarkrange in the district semis will be one to watch. I think Clarkrange can give Clay some matchup issues but I still believe Clay wins.  Pickett over RBS by 15. They have a really good freshman player at PC and I’ve heard her younger sister who’s in the 8th grade is just as good so look for Coach Smith’s team to be a staple at the Glass house for the foreseeable future. Coach Ferrell does an amazing job at the middle school level for Pickett County. I’m really surprised he’s not been given an opportunity to be a head coach at the high school level by now.  Clay County is the favorite but The key here is coming in 2nd in the district tournament. You’re almost guaranteed a state tournament. 

Yeah 2nd is a good thing in this District. Do believe that Single A is sure enough old school for the foreseeable future. You got Clay, Pickett, Clarkrange and RBS in one District and you got Greenfield, Gleason, Dresden and Bradford in another. I bet we are going to see some battles at state between these two Districts and probably starting this year.

19 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange beat Clay earlier this season. RBS is also a team capable of beating Clay. If they get through the Regional both of Pickett’s and Clay’s boys and girls team all have a great shot at Gold. The District and Regional Tournaments may be tougher than State for them especially in Girls.

47 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Clarkrange beat Clay earlier this season. RBS is also a team capable of beating Clay. If they get through the Regional both of Pickett’s and Clay’s boys and girls team all have a great shot at Gold. The District and Regional Tournaments may be tougher than State for them especially in Girls.

McKenzie, Greenfield and Gleason are the best Single A teams, IMO here in West TN. Gleason beat Clay County this Christmas by a pretty good amount 17 or so I think which suprised me. But I do know regular season is different than Tournaments. McKenzie can be beat but are on a different level than Greenfield and Gleason. Should be interesting as we all know anything can happen.

21 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange bounced by Gordonsville in play in game