Mr. Jonathan Criswell
Director of Schools
Milan Special School District

Head Football Coach
Milan Special School District

RE:
Letter of Resignation

Mr. Criswell,
I am writing to you today to resign from my position of Head Football Coach at Milan High School effective June 30th
This decision was agreed upon in discussion with Jennifer Yates and Greg Scott regarding the future and direction of
Milan Football.

I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve in this role over the last two years. There is no doubt in my mind that
Milan is a special place. I have made lifelong friends here and will cherish those relationships for the rest of my life. The
players have made me a better person and I will always think highly of the quality of young men I've coached here. Even
in an up and down year like we had this year I saw glimpses of how special this place can be. The young men who I have
had the privilege to coach are second to none and endured their fair share of adversity this year, rising to meet it every
week. There are great people here; Coach Cobb, Coach Carr, Coach Morales and all the other coaches on staff are some
of the best people in the business and I hope that Milan will keep them around for years to come. I also want to thank
you for always checking on me and encouraging me. You have been a true mentor and friend in the process and I am
forever grateful for that.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to live up to the promises I made coming here and our season this year is unacceptable for
this program. I take full responsibility and hold myself one hundred percent responsible. My inability to correct the
flaws within our program throughout the year were evident week in and week out. I failed to lay out clear expectations
for my assistant coaches as well as for our players. The disarray and undisciplined nature of our sideline and the
execution of our play was not what Milan has been known for. I am not the right person to lead this program going
forward. Milan deserves better than I am able to give and Milan will be in a better position with me stepping away.
Thank you again for the opportunity to serve here the last two years. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to
assist in the transition process. God's speed to Bulldog football and the Milan Special School District.

Sincerely,
Carl Diffee

Letter obtained that Diffee sent the Director of schools 

27 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Huh? You do understand that he is only relaying the information the administration gave directly to him? That is the reality of it. What was he supposed to say? 

The guy you responded to thinks I work in the same building as Diffee. Lol. Me and you, along with most other people on these boards know I don’t work at Milan. Him saying what he said shows how is really out of touch. 

As far as this goes, Diffee resigned on his own. Everything I previously said was true. He was supported and had every opportunity to stay. It was his choice. Milan football will be fine. Too much history and resources not to be. We will find a good coach and I wish Diffee nothing but the best. I sincerely appreciate him for all he did in his time here. I’m just gonna sit back and watch the trolls respond and laugh from this point on. 

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The guy you responded to thinks I work in the same building as Diffee. Lol. Me and you, along with most other people on these boards know I don’t work at Milan. Him saying what he said shows how is really out of touch. 

As far as this goes, Diffee resigned on his own. Everything I previously said was true. He was supported and had every opportunity to stay. It was his choice. Milan football will be fine. Too much history and resources not to be. We will find a good coach and I wish Diffee nothing but the best. I sincerely appreciate him for all he did in his time here. I’m just gonna sit back and watch the trolls respond and laugh from this point on. 

I know it takes a few brain cells, but most of us are able to figure out the he resigned today ( the media even stated it ) He was not fired, he resigned, and unless you were in the office when the conversations were going on you do not know if it was forced or not. All of the previous posts were from the past. Maybe he did not understand how connected to the program you are. I will be the first to bust your chops on something but you were right at that time. Troll on boys. BPM needs some good off season meat to chew on. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:28 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

All is well in Milan. We had a rough season because of injuries and a string of bad luck. Anything your hearing is just rumors from people that have nothing better to do with their time. And there may be people that come on this forum and claim differently but I can assure everyone Diffee is the man going forward. Everyone supports him from the top down. Yes there are some people in the community that are upset by a bad year but the ship is headed in the right direction and that’s all that matters. 

:mellow:
Looks like he is out bud! What the heck is up over there?

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know he is out. He told me himself. He resigned. Had all the opportunity in the world to stay. Yes there has been rumors but he could have stayed. He chose to go a different direction. All is well. 

All due respect to you BPM but all is well for who?  Milan is coachless for now and Diffee is unemployed as a coach?  I'm hoping Milan finds a better replacement. 

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Huh? You do understand that he is only relaying the information the administration gave directly to him? That is the reality of it. What was he supposed to say? 

He spent the past 2 months on here trying to put out every fire he could that everything was fine. Everybody and oh I mean everybody knew the guy was leaving except for BPM

• Like 2