Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

There are a lot of people on here talking about the kind of coach we should hire, “energetic, relates with players, etc. what they don’t know is that we had one 4 days ago!    Milan’s program is not better off.  You think the US is a laughing stock of the world, well Milan is the laughing stock of TN athletics.  And our administration is the laughing stock of Gibson County.  

3 minutes ago, Untilnow said:

There are a lot of people on here talking about the kind of coach we should hire, “energetic, relates with players, etc. what they don’t know is that we had one 4 days ago!    Milan’s program is not better off.  You think the US is a laughing stock of the world, well Milan is the laughing stock of TN athletics.  And our administration is the laughing stock of Gibson County.  

Yikes! A year ago you were 3a State Runner Ups!

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Is Summit a Williamson Co. school?  If so I don’t think Milan could compete with them pay wise. JMO. 

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I know him and he is a great guy. But honestly, Caruthersville has had athletes running out their ears for decades and an easy schedule. Hard not to win there.

I used to teach there. And I agree they did have athletes. Be t they didn’t have an abundance of athletes willing to put in the work. There is really no feeder system and youth league program up there. Jimmy and his staff worked wonders with those kids. There was very little resources (money, equipment, weight room, etc.) and community support. Very poor community. And yes when they would get to the 3rd or 4th round and run into a team like Lutheran North (St. Louis metro private school) yes they would get smoked. But you give him the resources and support he would have in Milan and I think he could work wonders. Kids love playing for that man. 

1 hour ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Yes, but the football coaching stipends are one of the lowest in the state. The teacher pay is good, but not as high as people think. They also don't do negotiable contacts. You get paid exactly where you are on the teacher pay scale and what the Head Football coach stipend is. 

It’s the same way in Milan but I think the supplement is negotiable. 

26 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I used to teach there. And I agree they did have athletes. Be t they didn’t have an abundance of athletes willing to put in the work. There is really no feeder system and youth league program up there. Jimmy and his staff worked wonders with those kids. There was very little resources (money, equipment, weight room, etc.) and community support. Very poor community. And yes when they would get to the 3rd or 4th round and run into a team like Lutheran North (St. Louis metro private school) yes they would get smoked. But you give him the resources and support he would have in Milan and I think he could work wonders. Kids love playing for that man. 

BPM when you are successful I garuntee you are going to have people from places like Huntindung that are waiting and hoping you crash.  I garuntee the jailhouse fellars was giddy when our team shenanigans happened mid season.  I garuntee Milan will have no problem getting a real good coach for their boys.  You think im joking but im not.

You have to think that the Milan faithful who actually have a vested financial and emotional interest in Bulldog football didn't like the fact that kids came to Milan ONLY to play football, regardless of how they got there or if it was within the rules, and didn't produce a coveted state championship. Those transfer kids and their "families" didn't contribute financially, emotionally, or otherwise to Milan football in the long run outside the field of play. You see it with the private schools, when the people actually paying the bills realize the scholarship kids are taking way more than they are giving, things start going South for coaches, administration, and fans. Add losing a bunch of games to the mix, I know it was all injuries that caused that, and the wheels fall off at a rapid pace. I wouldn't know the coach or hardly anybody in Milan if they slapped me but I would be willing to bet that when the "handler" approached whoever they did  about the kids coming to Milan, they all probably wish they had told them to head on down the road to SG or WV. Diffee would probably still be gainfully employed and the team would have won just as many games. I do appreciate BPM's passion, love for the program, and career choice as an educator so understand these are  personal opinions stated above so be nice.

• Like 1

I hear Terry would take the job.... He won almost as many game as wonder boy Diffee. It is funny that coach TP won one less game in 2 years as wonder / lover boy. Diffee probably will get a job selling cars at the Nissan place in Jackson! His first year will be on fire! If his pappy can't get him a job selling cars he can always change oil or brakes. 

On 12/29/2021 at 4:37 PM, Untilnow said:

There is a story that hasn’t been told yet on here that is going around Milan.