Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

11 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

You’re going to see this due to how they presented themselves in the newspaper……However many  championships among however many applicants and then you hire a guy that has never won anything as a coach.  I know for a fact there were state champion coaches who had interest, but it was just that. I also know for a fact the number one candidate said no thank you. All that being said, Carr wants to be in Milan and was probably the only hire to keep the core staff together. The DC will obviously leave because he was one of Diffee’s but he will be replaced with someone of… let’s just say importance. I can’t wait for the future. My boys are fired up.

Hopefully you got a coach that is eat up with Milan Bulldog Football and would rather be coaching football than playing golf. Hopefully he has an open mind and will not be stubborn and will actually listen to others that can help him. All about putting in the time and pushing the right buttons with the kids and letting them know how this hard work is going to benefit you and motivate them into wanting to work hard and have drive. Got to push the right buttons with these kids and study the game. More you put into it the more you get out of it. I have heard pretty good stuff with this guy and hope he gets the Bulldogs going. Bulldogs need to start breaking sweats right now. Championships are won in the off-season.

6 hours ago, 731Ball said:

You’re going to see this due to how they presented themselves in the newspaper……However many  championships among however many applicants and then you hire a guy that has never won anything as a coach.  I know for a fact there were state champion coaches who had interest, but it was just that. I also know for a fact the number one candidate said no thank you. All that being said, Carr wants to be in Milan and was probably the only hire to keep the core staff together. The DC will obviously leave because he was one of Diffee’s but he will be replaced with someone of… let’s just say importance. I can’t wait for the future. My boys are fired up.

Spot on

8 hours ago, 731Ball said:

So you’re saying someone who applied, and interviewed said “no thank you”?  I’d love to know who you think this person is…

10 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Please, in detail explain this. I am 100% certain that some very highly successful coaches applied for this job. I was not in on a single one of the interviews. Were you? Obviously, Carr is who they decided to go with. If they screw this one up it will be 3 in a row now....

Being on the outside and looking in at this hire it seems to me that if Carr was the best option either the other applicants were not the cream of the crop that earlier comments lead us to believe or if they were as you say they were then this is mostly a budget decision. The other applicants would demand a salary that Milan SSD wasn’t willing to pay and therefore Carr gets his shot

28 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

Being on the outside and looking in at this hire it seems to me that if Carr was the best option either the other applicants were not the cream of the crop that earlier comments lead us to believe or if they were as you say they were then this is mostly a budget decision. The other applicants would demand a salary that Milan SSD wasn’t willing to pay and therefore Carr gets his shot

That’s the problem when your on the outside looking in, you don’t have a clue in there thought process on hiring a coach. But I would bet they made a decision they thought was best for there young men and program. Well wishes to coach Carr moving forward.

8 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

That’s the problem when your on the outside looking in, you don’t have a clue in there thought process on hiring a coach. But I would bet they made a decision they thought was best for there young men and program. Well wishes to coach Carr moving forward.

It is spelled their not there.  

Their thought process on hiring a coach hasn’t worked well for them the last 3 seasons and honestly I foresee a thread just like this within the next 2-3 seasons with the same people with the same blinders on. Feels a lot like UTs coaching search for the last 10 years 

Just now, NigCuppy said:

Their thought process on hiring a coach hasn’t worked well for them the last 3 seasons and honestly I foresee a thread just like this within the next 2-3 seasons with the same people with the same blinders on. Feels a lot like UTs coaching search for the last 10 years 

Thanks for the spelling lesson. By you correcting my spelling that proves that you just enjoy stirring the pot with everyone you come in contact with. I’m not on here for that. But you may be right in what your saying about the coach but it’s ( THEIR ) decision to make. Good day sir.

51 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

So, you are narrowing this down to two scenarios.

1) They didn't get interest from good coaches.

2) They were too cheap to hire a good coach.

I could say a lot, but will stick with "you're wrong".

P.S. I hope I passed the grammar part.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Congratulations to new coach Derek Carr!!  Now everyone in Bulldawg country get behind this man and support him. #LetsGoDawgs

Little buddy let me ask you a question.  I googled this Carr man and he is a passer for the raiders that play in the NFL.  Did you Milan people go out like them lipscomb people and get a nfl passer like they did that Dilfer man? You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

I must have imagined that silver ball in 2020. 

10 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Little buddy let me ask you a question.  I googled this Carr man and he is a passer for the raiders that play in the NFL.  Did you Milan people go out like them lipscomb people and get a nfl poser like they did that Dilfer man? You think im joking but im not.

Yes Roy… that’s exactly what they did. :)

23 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes Roy… that’s exactly what they did. :)

37 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

So, you are narrowing this down to two scenarios.

1) They didn't get interest from good coaches.

2) They were too cheap to hire a good coach.

I could say a lot, but will stick with "you're wrong".

P.S. I hope I passed the grammar part.

Trade two are you joking? This nigcuppy is real dumb.  This Carr man is a passer for the raiders in the nfl.  I garuntee they is road blocks at every four way stop sign in Milan taking up money.  You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard