Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

Wow…heard some of the names that interviewed and some that did not. This Carr guy must have some dirt on the committee. I’m sure he is a great guy and coach but lord have mercy his resume is nowhere near some Of these guys. Interesting hire considering  the high level guys that interviewed/expressed interest.

Is this a statement hire that football is not king anymore?’

1 minute ago, MondaymornQB said:

Wow…heard some of the names that interviewed and some that did not. This Carr guy must have some dirt on the committee. I’m sure he is a great guy and coach but lord have mercy his resume is nowhere near some Of these guys. Interesting hire considering  the high level guys that interviewed/expressed interest.

Is this a statement hire that football is not king anymore?’

Or maybe since he's been there long enough for them to see how he relates to the kids, and demonstrate the type of character that they are looking for, they feel comfortable that he's the guy to take them where they want to go. There are no guarantees when you make a new hire, and there are much worse things than having confidence in your guy.

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Or maybe since he's been there long enough for them to see how he relates to the kids, and demonstrate the type of character that they are looking for, they feel comfortable that he's the guy to take them where they want to go. There are no guarantees when you make a new hire, and there are much worse things than having confidence in your guy.

Again, he MUST be a great guy and coach for them to have overlooked state title winning and Perennial playoff coaches.  Very Interesting hire considering the competition…that’s all I’m saying. Powerhouse programs do not generally make such a bold move, preferring instead to go with proven winners.

16 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

I know for a fact someone turned it down. And i think it’s a good thing for Milan that they did.

Water under the bridge, time to move forward. We both probably could say things that would help nobody, and cause unrest for some of those involved. They offered Carr and he accepted...end of story...he's their guy and I hope that both sides are happy with that result.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Water under the bridge, time to move forward. We both probably could say things that would help nobody, and cause unrest for some of those involved. They offered Carr and he accepted...end of story...he's their guy and I hope that both sides are happy with that result.

True. But Carr was made aware of everything going on. It was done the right way.

21 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Okay! I do not really understand " how the presented themselves in the paper " thing. We all know some stellar coaches applied for the job. The decision makers decided to go with Carr. Obviously, they thought he was the best option moving forward. I do not think anyone can contest that Milan is not committed to winning football game there. 

I contend this decision actually DOES say they are not committed to winning football there..

• Upvote 1

Milan had a long run with Tucker. 25 years....

Then there was a 2 year run with Bland..... Bland was a good coach and a good man. But, the best thing he did was hire a young assistant from Henry County. When Bland left, the young assistant got the job. The next 22 years was amazing 6 championship appearances, lots of D1 guys and other college players, even a great NFL guy. If Coach T would have existed then, some one would have probably said well Milan is giving up on football. In reality, Milan hired a guy who wanted to be there, and wanted to raise a family there. I have high hopes.