Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

You lost me at State titles sometimes don’t mean anything. How could a championship not mean anything? Serious question.

In this case don't bank on something they did 25 years ago. This one coach did walk into a horrible situation where he is at but it has gotten worse then ever after 7 years. Time for a change and I mean fast before it's to late and rigor mortis sets in and can't be brought back to life like Heritage High school in Maryville.

16 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The Milan Mirror printed an article today about the coaching search. As of press time there were 19 applications submitted for the position. Of the 19 applicants, there 14 total state titles in football. There were applicants from West, Middle and East TN and from out of state. 

I saw that this morning. I believe it is safe to say that Milan is and attractive job! That is a ton of applications. Curious, who ultimately has the say. Is it Criswell, Scott, or the principle? Or is this kind of a committee thing. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In this case don't bank on something they did 25 years ago. This one coach did walk into a horrible situation where he is at but it has gotten worse then ever after 7 years. Time for a change and I mean fast before it's to late and rigor mortis sets in and can't be brought back to life like Heritage High school in Maryville.

I get what your saying now. :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

I saw that this morning. I believe it is safe to say that Milan is and attractive job! That is a ton of applications. Curious, who ultimately has the say. Is it Criswell, Scott, or the principle? Or is this kind of a committee thing. 

Yes there is a committee that is heading up the process. If you notice the article mentioned that Criswell would be meeting with his “leadership team” to determine the next direction of the process. 

Just on the outside looking in, but is it possible the community expectations are a little unrealistic? They won two fairly recent state championships when they were 2a in the 5 class system, and some runner ups being 3a. Outside of 2020, most of their success in 3a came before or right at the beginning of the opening of South Gibson High School (2012). I know they have talent, but does it match up to Haywood, or some of the other top 4a teams? Haywood got killed by Tullahoma btw. I know I will get crushed by some Milan fans, but just asking a fair question. 

Edited by MidStateFan1
a
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Just on the outside looking in, but is it possible the community expectations are a little unrealistic? They won two fairly recent state championships when they were 2a in the 5 class system, and some runner ups being 3a. Outside of 2020, most of their success in 3a came before or right at the beginning of the opening of South Gibson High School (2012). I know they have talent, but does it match up to Haywood, or some of the other top 4a teams? Haywood got killed by Tullahoma btw. I know I will get crushed by some Milan fans, but just asking a fair question. 

A lot of the talent Milan had spent a vast majority of the time sidelined with injuries this past year. In a perfect scenario and everyone healthy we still didn’t have the talent of Haywood or Tullahoma. But it would have helped. One thing I just wanted to point out was that Milan does have one championship in 3A. I don’t know if the expectations are unrealistic or not. Maybe so. I personally think a program should have high expectations. If you aim for the moon and fail you will still probably hit the clouds. Milan has enough talent on a yearly basis, when combined with the resources, community support and facilities high expectations are a must. 

On 12/7/2021 at 4:28 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

All is well in Milan. We had a rough season because of injuries and a string of bad luck. Anything your hearing is just rumors from people that have nothing better to do with their time. And there may be people that come on this forum and claim differently but I can assure everyone Diffee is the man going forward. Everyone supports him from the top down. Yes there are some people in the community that are upset by a bad year but the ship is headed in the right direction and that’s all that matters. 

this aged well