Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

22 minutes ago, TennSportsFan77 said:

You seem to have a feel on this search. You feel confident they make a HR hire?

I do not know all of the applicants personally. I do know several of them personally. There are several guys that have long track records of winning lots of games and state championships. But to me a home run hire is about more than winning football games. They help develop young men and mold their character. I know for a fact that there are some guys in the running that will win games and help develop them into fine young men. I hope we pick one of them. I feel confident that we will pick someone that can win games but we need to swing for the total package. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I do not know all of the applicants personally. I do know several of them personally. There are several guys that have long track records of winning lots of games and state championships. But to me a home run hire is about more than winning football games. They help develop young men and mold their character. I know for a fact that there are some guys in the running that will win games and help develop them into fine young men. I hope we pick one of them. I feel confident that we will pick someone that can win games but we need to swing for the total package. 

Lots of people believe that what you said is window dressing or movie script lines, but I can attest that it's not. Jim Stowe was very fond of saying that his "job was not coaching football, it was molding men...men will win you football games". He didn't mean physically either, he meant character and heart. Kids will put forth more effort in order not to disappoint someone who they respect than they will to achieve a personal goal every time. Hope that you guys get the total package that you're looking for.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Lots of people believe that what you said is window dressing or movie script lines, but I can attest that it's not. Jim Stowe was very fond of saying that his "job was not coaching football, it was molding men...men will win you football games". He didn't mean physically either, he meant character and heart. Kids will put forth more effort in order not to disappoint someone who they respect than they will to achieve a personal goal every time. Hope that you guys get the total package that you're looking for.

Amen. Me and you both brother. 

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

If I was a Milan fan, I'd feel pretty good about the administrations ability to make a good hire. Not sure why Diffie chose to leave, but it's hard for any program to overcome the amount of injuries Milan had

He was either leaving or being fired.   It had very little to do with wins and losses.

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

If I was a Milan fan, I'd feel pretty good about the administrations ability to make a good hire. Not sure why Diffie chose to leave, but it's hard for any program to overcome the amount of injuries Milan had

Well considering they’ve made 2 hires in a row that resulted in termination, I’d beg to differ. And yes, Diffee did resign. But there was no way that guy was back on the sidelines next year. The M on our helmet was not for maturity.

14 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Well considering they’ve made 2 hires in a row that resulted in termination, I’d beg to differ. And yes, Diffee did resign. But there was no way that guy was back on the sidelines next year. The M on our helmet was not for maturity.

There wasn’t an M on your helmet. It was dogs but you guys can’t spell very well. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hold on I’m late. What happen? Y’all coach left?