Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

22 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

All due respect to you BPM but all is well for who?  Milan is coachless for now and Diffee is unemployed as a coach?  I'm hoping Milan finds a better replacement. 

All is well for Diffee and the Milan football program. Diffee is under contract til the next me of June. According to his resignation letter he will continue to serve as football coach until then. I too hope they get a better coach. Milan has had 5 coaches since the 60’s and 3 of the 5 went to the title game. One of the others went to the semis. So the team will be fine. Plenty of time to find a replacement and all coaches are in place and will continue business as usual til then. As far as Diffee goes, he won’t be without a job long. 10 years of coaching football and has won over 80% of his games. So he will no doubt coach somewhere. And he is certified SPED. There are. It enough of those teachers to go around. He will undoubtedly have a job. I give you and anyone else credit if they correctly predicted he would leave. But there are several on here that want to say he was leaving because of various problems. He chose to leave. Simple as that. He could have stayed but wasn’t what he wanted so I wish him well. 

19 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

He spent the past 2 months on here trying to put out every fire he could that everything was fine. Everybody and oh I mean everybody knew the guy was leaving except for BPM

Why does a coach leaving mean there has to be a fire?  Coaches leave all the time for various reason. Most of the time there is no drama involved. When I said everything would be fine it had nothing to do with the coach. No matter who the coach is in Milan, we have a large number of kids wanting to play, great community support, great administrative support and awesome facilities. We will find a good coach and the sun will rise again tomorrow. 

BPM/Dustin..... You have been on here defending Diffee and Milan on many threads.  Saying things are fine etc... I have it hard to believe that he told you himself when he didn't even respond to media outlets when the story broke/when they asked for a quote.   Just admit you were wrong and go on about your business.   I don't want to hear any welcome to the T BS etc...  because I must be a credible enough source since I had the letter he sent to the Director of Schools and I know you did as well.   You claim to be in Tune with Milan football and most of the time you are but in this case you were a little out of tune ole buddy.   But hey the National Anthem before the Dyersburg playoff game sounded great!!  

57 minutes ago, Bleachercoaching said:

BPM/Dustin..... You have been on here defending Diffee and Milan on many threads.  Saying things are fine etc... I have it hard to believe that he told you himself when he didn't even respond to media outlets when the story broke/when they asked for a quote.   Just admit you were wrong and go on about your business.   I don't want to hear any welcome to the T BS etc...  because I must be a credible enough source since I had the letter he sent to the Director of Schools and I know you did as well.   You claim to be in Tune with Milan football and most of the time you are but in this case you were a little out of tune ole buddy.   But hey the National Anthem before the Dyersburg playoff game sounded great!!  

Since you obviously know my name and who I am, would you care to share yours?  No hard feelings, just figured you would want to come introduce yourself sometime since you obviously know where to find me. 100% serious. No I’ll will intended. 

2 hours ago, Bleachercoaching said:

Exactly right and well said 

So everyone on here now knows that BPM is really Dustin and apparently from past reports Dustin is an expert as either a drum beater or a horn blower as far as bands are concerned.  :D

All Kidding Aside:

There are plenty of great options who will be interested in the job at Milan.  Several of those options are right down the road.  Diffee and Pettigrew both found out that the run that Jeff Morris & Co. had in Bulldog Country was not a given.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

So everyone on here now knows that BPM is really Dustin and apparently from past reports Dustin is an expert as either a drum beater or a horn blower as far as bands are concerned.  :D

All Kidding Aside:

There are plenty of great options who will be interested in the job at Milan.  Several of those options are right down the road.  Diffee and Pettigrew both found out that the run that Jeff Morris & Co. had in Bulldog Country was not a given.  

They may know BPM is “Dustin” but if they think I work with bands they are way off base. But I agree with you. There will be several good options and Milan will get a good coach. 

16 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

Who is your reasonable shortlist 

I don’t know that there is an abundance of head coaches in west TN that would be on my short list and would actually entertain the idea of coming. Many of the best head coaches in our are already have good gigs. Let me chew on it and I will post later. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE