Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

On 12/27/2021 at 5:52 PM, Bleachercoaching said:

BPM/Dustin..... You have been on here defending Diffee and Milan on many threads.  Saying things are fine etc... I have it hard to believe that he told you himself when he didn't even respond to media outlets when the story broke/when they asked for a quote.   Just admit you were wrong and go on about your business.   I don't want to hear any welcome to the T BS etc...  because I must be a credible enough source since I had the letter he sent to the Director of Schools and I know you did as well.   You claim to be in Tune with Milan football and most of the time you are but in this case you were a little out of tune ole buddy.   But hey the National Anthem before the Dyersburg playoff game sounded great!!  

..... The info that he shared on this forum is coming directly from the administration. Trust me, when I say he is connected to the program... he is. At the time he was not sharing false, or wrong info. He was sharing the truth. Obviously, in the last 48 things have changed. If you read the public post from the coach it is clear HE wanted to resign. If you were not in the room or a part the conversation, you do not know either. 

Since you want to tell rattle off about who people are, please tell us who you are. This is my least favorite thing about public forums. People can get on here and sign up for a free account and just post whatever they want without regard. Please, let us know who we are talking to. I will be happy to share who I am. 

On 12/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, howdoitknow said:

Milan needs to look at Matt McConnell from Camden who was previously at Waverly.  He’s a great football coach and would do special things at Milan.  

He would for sure

. He left Martin knowing  full well he had a State Championship  caliber  team for the next 2 seasons  to come home and dont think they were not throwing money at him they were. I don't think he  will leave for Milan. Coach Wolfe might be a more  attainable target. Then again if Matt were to leave we have Wolfe. Really a win win for either program either way. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

..... The info that he shared on this forum is coming directly from the administration. Trust me, when I say he is connected to the program... he is. At the time he was not sharing false, or wrong info. He was sharing the truth. Obviously, in the last 48 things have changed. If you read the public post from the coach it is clear HE wanted to resign. If you were not in the room or a part the conversation, you do not know either. 

Since you want to tell rattle off about who people are, please tell us who you are. This is my least favorite thing about public forums. People can get on here and sign up for a free account and just post whatever they want without regard. Please, let us know who we are talking to. I will be happy to share who I am. 

Yeah I asked him to share who he was as well and all I got was crickets. I think we are wasting our time with that. 

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

He would for sure

. He left Martin knowing  full well he had a State Championship  caliber  team for the next 2 seasons  to come home and dont think they were not throwing money at him they were. I don't think he  will leave for Milan. Coach Wolfe might be a more  attainable target. Then again if Matt were to leave we have Wolfe. Really a win win for either program either way. 

I would be happy with Wolfe. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I see Milan hiring from within the staff probably Derek Carr IF he doesn’t get selected by SG. Second candidate i can see is coach ward from Crockett 

Carr may look like the shiny new coach that everyone wants to run their program but I think they are just looking at his play on the field and not his coaching pedigree. I mean let’s not forget had it not been for his high school center hiring him as a favor at South Side he might still be selling credit card machines. I think he needs more time under an experienced coach before he is given the reigns. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 6:09 PM, horse said:

My sources tell me he was given a choice. He chose to resign to make it look better. 

On 12/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, bglass said:

May have told him no more kids living in Jackson could play for Milan!!

Horse stank quit stinking up the joint.  Milan will be fine.  They are a yearly contender.  The stanks will continue to get upset in the second round.  You think im joking but im not.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NigCuppy said:

See my comment above. I have to disagree 

He spent one year coaching with UT Martin and 2 years at Temple. I don’t think he needed a favor getting a chance to coach. I promise you he has more offensive knowledge than probably 90 percent coaching in the area. I know there’s more to the head coach position than calling plays thou