Trousdale County (theGoodtheBADtheUGLY)

12 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

March kids out in the dead periods, and let me know.  Better yet, let TSSAA know, let's see how that goes.

Dead period is only 2 weeks.  I guarantee you during that month, like you stated, they are doing work!  It’s a 12 month job!!!  

55 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Do I actually need to post the TSSAA bylaws?

I’ve been reading the thread! Not sure why your so upset. Yes it’s a dead period. Coaches work around the clock and during the dead period. Fields, getting fall practice schedules ready, equipment, list can go for days. Not one person on here said that the coaches were working the kids out personally during the dead period. Now they probably do send them a workout plan to take home and do. I’m still trying to figure out why you are so mad. Cheer up bud it’s all going to be ok!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Do I actually need to post the TSSAA bylaws?

You can post them but why?  Coaches work 12 months out of the year dude.  Why is it only you who thinks that they don’t?   Coaches do not work during the dead period but that is not a full month.  Count your losses and just drop it.  You do not grasp what quality coaches do.  

Any good coach is working 12 months. There is more to being a coach than just working with the team during practice/games. Fields must be maintained, eligibility must be maintained, cloth and equipment, recruitment for colleges and forming those next level relationships, supporting student athletes in other sports, etc. There is a lot more but everyone (well almost everyone) already knows this. Coaches even work during the dead period. Imagine two weeks going by without mowing, painting, or getting everything ready for that first week back. Preparation is key even if the kids are not around. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, CCLHL08 said:

I’ve been reading the thread! Not sure why your so upset. Yes it’s a dead period. Coaches work around the clock and during the dead period. Fields, getting fall practice schedules ready, equipment, list can go for days. Not one person on here said that the coaches were working the kids out personally during the dead period. Now they probably do send them a workout plan to take home and do. I’m still trying to figure out why you are so mad. Cheer up bud it’s all going to be ok!

My point, which gets lost by people who are unwilling to read or remember, is that 60,000 a year is more than a suitable income for someone in Hartsville, TN with no other responsibilities other than coach football.  Also, that Football in the state of Tennessee is NOT a 12 month job despite what fencebirds say on here.

Blake makes more than the head coach at Lebanon lol, Just let that sink in.

13 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Ghost - Teachers are ten month employees. However, any good teacher/coach works twelve months. Just because teachers only get paid to work ten months does not mean they do not work more. Clearly you do not understand what it means to be a good teacher/coach. 

Here's a big reveal.

I teach a core subject and coach have won multiple district championships in my sport.

:)

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

My point, which gets lost by people who are unwilling to read or remember, is that 60,000 a year is more than a suitable income for someone in Hartsville, TN with no other responsibilities other than coach football.  Also, that Football in the state of Tennessee is NOT a 12 month job despite what fencebirds say on here.

Blake makes more than the head coach at Lebanon lol, Just let that sink in.

Unless his teaching salary is 60k he isn't making more than Lebanon HC. Been teaching 20 years with a masters and getting the HC supplement. He is real close but he hasn't surpassed him. I know the LHS HC and I know how to use Google.

16 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Ghost - If you teach a core subject, it must not be English. Ha just giving you a hard time on that one. If you are a teacher, thank you for your service. So you are a ten month employee. Do you ever work more than required? And you have won multiple district championships....congrats! Did you work just during your season? 

Must not be a football coach.  Every coach I know works 12 months out of the year coaching the kids, prepping, field work, workouts, passing leagues, getting colleges to notice kids, any internal affairs, coaching clinics, etc.  If you are not working then your behind bottom line.  Must be jealous of that $60,000 number.  

• Upvote 1