Trousdale County (theGoodtheBADtheUGLY)

On 1/9/2022 at 8:36 PM, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Here's a big reveal.

I teach a core subject and coach have won multiple district championships in my sport.

:)

And i drink beer for a living.

Go look at what your exact position pays in surrounding states, and how programs are ran. You sir, need a reality check. Small time backwoods TN HS Football is a joke with pay and the quality of coaches. Anybody can coach Rickey to run dive 98 times on a friday night, whether he lifts weights or not. WE ARE 10 YEARS BEHIND!

On 1/10/2022 at 1:59 PM, GWAVE1 said:

Must not be a football coach.  Every coach I know works 12 months out of the year coaching the kids, prepping, field work, workouts, passing leagues, getting colleges to notice kids, any internal affairs, coaching clinics, etc.  If you are not working then your behind bottom line.  Must be jealous of that $60,000 number.  

Waver, i am thrilled you are my friend! I am shocked we can actually get along here.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:21 PM, workinprogress said:

Ghost - Teachers are ten month employees. However, any good teacher/coach works twelve months. Just because teachers only get paid to work ten months does not mean they do not work more. Clearly you do not understand what it means to be a good teacher/coach. 

You're not wrong, but what you said is misleading. Contracts vary, and can also be 11 or 12 month contracts for basic employment...also, coaching stipends usually consist of a basic contract that includes duties and behavior (maintenance, conduct, ect...), but are not time specific. You can't pay good coaches an hourly rate, at minimum wage they would make more than the Director of Schools.

13 hours ago, BruceColetrain said:

Go look at what your exact position pays in surrounding states, and how programs are ran. You sir, need a reality check. Small time backwoods TN HS Football is a joke with pay and the quality of coaches. Anybody can coach Rickey to run dive 98 times on a friday night, whether he lifts weights or not. WE ARE 10 YEARS BEHIND!

what in the heck are you even talking about now?

9 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

what in the heck are you even talking about now?

Exactly what i said... put the English degree to use here Ghoster.

Tennessee High School Football is behind Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, some of Mississippi, and some of Arkansas. Behind in advancing the game out of the stone age, coach pay, strength programs, speed training, x's and o's, and overall coaching knowledge. 

It does not take a genius to run @WingT08 favorite play, Trap right, 98 times a week. Branch out, read some football, watch some football, clinic with staffs other than yours. You ll be amazed how much the game has changed since I played.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:42 AM, BruceColetrain said:

"Backwoods" Creasy has done pretty good at Oakland.