Liberty Creek

eers

Just now, middletn said:

You joke now, but Oakland and some large private schools have been in conversations already. Exactly why some coaches are pulling their names out. I think they're looking for local teams to buy out an opponent and want to schedule them first, but I don't think that's going to happen a lot. 

For what it's worth, I think being heck bent on a full varsity schedule is the wrong way to go. Oakland isn't gonna turn them down, so few teams are willing to play that we don't have that option

46 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Don’t be too surprised if they end up on your schedule.  I think there will be several head scratchers on it before it’s over.  

Also hearing that money might be the hold up on naming the out of state coach.  

If they bring in an out of state coach and increase his salary above other Sumner Co head coaches it ain't going to go well. Especially with how little Sumner Co invests in athletics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

For what it's worth, I think being heck bent on a full varsity schedule is the wrong way to go. Oakland isn't gonna turn them down, so few teams are willing to play that we don't have that option

I think it's a terrible idea to play a full varsity schedule their first year, but director of sumner schools is apparently demanding it and only open schedules are the big boys in the state. Not only will Liberty Creek get killed in these games, I worry more about player safety. Almost all the starters they will have will have never started on a Friday night before. 

2 hours ago, middletn said:

I think it's a terrible idea to play a full varsity schedule their first year, but director of sumner schools is apparently demanding it and only open schedules are the big boys in the state. Not only will Liberty Creek get killed in these games, I worry more about player safety. Almost all the starters they will have will have never started on a Friday night before. 

Should just schedule some local teams, White House, Portland, East Robertson, Westmoreland, Greenbrier etc. Smaller Schools. 

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not that easy in an even year. About 95% of the team in this state already have their schedule locked in. Only teams looking are the teams no one wants to play

2 hours ago, CCLHL08 said:

Should just schedule some local teams, White House, Portland, East Robertson, Westmoreland, Greenbrier etc. Smaller Schools. 

Portland apparently bought out East Hamilton and will play Liberty Creek. But like he said, it’s not that easy in a between year. Only people looking for games are ones with openings

21 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Don’t be too surprised if they end up on your schedule.  I think there will be several head scratchers on it before it’s over.  

Also hearing that money might be the hold up on naming the out of state coach.  

Sounds like the opening of Liberty Creek is going to be a chapter in the book " How to screw up the opening of a school in 3 easy steps.

1.Making them play a varsity schedule in the first year with only young kids AND playing top tier schools.

2. Trying to pay a coach more than VERY established successful coaches in the county.

3. Hiring an administration that would even consider doing 1 and 2.

Recipe for failure.

Edited by MichaelMyers76
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Sounds like the opening of Liberty Creek is going to be a chapter in the book " How to screw up the opening of a school in 3 easy steps.

1.Making them play a varsity schedule in the first year with only young kids AND playing top tier schools Picking a terrible administration would be #3.

2. Trying to pay a coach more than VERY established successful coaches in the county.

Recipe for failure.

Edited by abo14

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

1.Making them play a varsity schedule in the first year with only young kids AND playing top tier schools Picking a terrible administration would be #3.

Recipe for failure.

You mean letting the BoE or principal set your schedule before the HC is named??  I see problems already

20 hours ago, middletn said:

I believe Green Hill played a full varsity schedule....think they got Republic's games if I'm not mistaken.  Not agreeing or disagreeing....but they are looking good now.

• Like 1