Liberty Creek

eers

1 hour ago, kappy said:

Yes, I know it is hard to fill out schedule in the middle of a 2 year cycle. But being a new school with 3A numbers, I would opt to play 9 games instead of playing Oakland. I guess you can say LC is not like Laverne & Shirley.

Not going to judge them for scheduling up when so many programs take the easy way out. If it weren't for LC, Oakland would have a 8 game schedule

16 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not going to judge them for scheduling up when so many programs take the easy way out. If it weren't for LC, Oakland would have a 8 game schedule

Scheduling up is one thing, but I don’t think there is any universe in which I would schedule Oakland as a first year team. Much less as a small school first year team. 

6 hours ago, eers said:

Scheduling up is one thing, but I don’t think there is any universe in which I would schedule Oakland as a first year team. Much less as a small school first year team. 

I mean if your absolutely determined to play a full varsity schedule in the middle of a 2 year cycle, its gonna happen. Everybody thinks they can mimic Ravenwood or Green Hill and win right away

8 hours ago, eers said:

They were told by “higher” up in BOE they had no choice but to play Oakland 

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I can think of better ways to market your program than getting your head caved in. I think Sumner should have taken some pointers from surrounding counties on how to open a new school

No need. They know everything. Just ask them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I can think of better ways to market your program than getting your head caved in. I think Sumner should have taken some pointers from surrounding counties on how to open a new school

Sumner County tried to completely copy Green Hills and it just didn't work. Kids don't want to go there. They have already cancelled their JV schedule because they will not have enough kids for JV. How they will be able to play a full schedule, I have no idea. A lot of their players will be ineligible due to being out of zone. Ask any coach at Beech, Gallatin, or Station Camp. They know exactly the players they are losing, meaning they know exactly what Liberty Creek will look like. That Oakland game will be a bloodbath, heck the Portland game will be too. The county has pissed off a lot of coaches and teachers by what they have done. Ex: How much money is the county giving a team from NJ to come down just for another home game? 

I saw a picture on Twitter about the stadium and that massive field house.  It appears, and I could be wrong, that they will have a field turf field.  Does that mean the other county schools will be getting turf fields as well?  I think I already know that answer.

4 hours ago, wave88 said:

I saw a picture on Twitter about the stadium and that massive field house.  It appears, and I could be wrong, that they will have a field turf field.  Does that mean the other county schools will be getting turf fields as well?  I think I already know that answer.

No Field Turf.    LC does not have a Large Church beside it who funnels funds to it for Turf.