Liberty Creek

eers

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I can think of better ways to market your program than getting your head caved in. I think Sumner should have taken some pointers from surrounding counties on how to open a new school

That Dr. guy in charge from Mississippi had other plans.

4 hours ago, weagle71 said:

No Field Turf.    LC does not have a Large Church beside it who funnels funds to it for Turf.

While there was a donation by the church, it wasn’t the largest. The majority of the money for that project came from the community, that comes from winning. It’s apparent LC is the county’s new doll, but that doesn’t automatically translate to athletic success and playing a varsity schedule will more than likely hinder more than help. 

12 hours ago, eers said:

While there was a donation by the church, it wasn’t the largest. The majority of the money for that project came from the community, that comes from winning. It’s apparent LC is the county’s new doll, but that doesn’t automatically translate to athletic success and playing a varsity schedule will more than likely hinder more than help. 

Beech’s turf field didn’t come from winning. It came from a church and an ex NFL players son being on the team. The “community” didn’t do anything.

2 hours ago, middletn said:

Beech’s turf field didn’t come from winning. It came from a church and an ex NFL players son being on the team. The “community” didn’t do anything.

I know where the money came from and who was behind it. Not sure where you’re getting that info, but it’s not accurate. 

6 hours ago, middletn said:

I know a lot of schools that would love to have that support from a church and ex NFL player.  LC has got more county money for athletic fields than any other school in Sumner County, but the director did not want a turf field. All Beech athletic fields have come from community support as well as the other schools in Sumner County.  To say, "the community didn't do anything" shows how clueless you are. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, kappy said:

I know a lot of schools that would love to have that support from a church and ex NFL player.  LC has got more county money for athletic fields than any other school in Sumner County, but the director did not want a turf field. All Beech athletic fields have come from community support as well as the other schools in Sumner County.  To say, "the community didn't do anything" shows how clueless you are. 

The director did want a turf field for LC, but they had to choose between the field house or a turf field. Beech raises the same amount of money every year as every other school in the county and all these other schools aren't even close to affording a turf field. Beech's field came from the church down the road and Kevin Long and if you think differently go ask anyone in that Beech program. You don't go from making $60k a year in fundraising to having a turf field overnight. Especially with the amount of money they have put in stadium renovations the past years. The community did what they did for stadium renovations, new jerseys, etc.. but that turf field came from 2-3 big donors and that's it.

38 minutes ago, middletn said:

The director did want a turf field for LC, but they had to choose between the field house or a turf field. Beech raises the same amount of money every year as every other school in the county and all these other schools aren't even close to affording a turf field. Beech's field came from the church down the road and Kevin Long and if you think differently go ask anyone in that Beech program. You don't go from making $60k a year in fundraising to having a turf field overnight. Especially with the amount of money they have put in stadium renovations the past years. The community did what they did for stadium renovations, new jerseys, etc.. but that turf field came from 2-3 big donors and that's it.

As I said before… I know. You can live in your fairytale if you want. Winning builds support and as much as everyone else in the county may hate it, Beech has had more success over the last 15 years than any other school in the county. Ohhh… and renovations aren’t done at Beech. Neither is winning. 

This looks like a pissing match to me.  As long as the turf was paid for by someone other than the SCBOE, why does it bother you?  Does it matter if it was paid for by one, two or fifty donors?  I wonder how many people got hurt over Taylor Swift donating to Hendersonville?  Time will tell if the winning continues at Beech.  New schools opening usually take a few years to see the results.  Lots of coaching changes coming to Shackle Island.  And I am not implying anything wrong with Beech.  Multiple reasons for the changes.  Crabtree is hands down the best FB coach in Sumner County (see record, championships, etc).  But,..........time will tell.

• Upvote 1