TN Coach's Poll 6 December

ArtusCimber

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price and Al Morris                                                               Results from: 12/6/21

THIS IS THE FIRST POLL OF THE SEASON. 

Now in its 29th year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 100%.

CLASS A STATE POLL: 

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

GREENEVILLE

N/A

PIGEON FORGE

N/A

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN

N/A

FAIRVIEW

N/A

PAGE

N/A

KNOX. HALLS

N/A

TULLAHOMA

N/A

SYCAMORE

N/A

GIBBS

N/A

DAVID CROCKETT

N/A

Others receiving votes:  FORREST, HIXSON, STONE MEMORIA 

CLASS AA/DII STATE POLL: 

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

CLEVELAND

N/A

BAYLOR

N/A

WILSON CENTRAL

N/A

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

N/A

BRADLEY CENTRAL

N/A

FATHER RYAN

N/A

SUMMIT

N/A

BLACKMAN

N/A

BRENTWOOD

N/A

LAKEWAY

N/A

OAKLAND

N/A

MCCALLIE

N/A

Others receiving votes:  ARLINGTON,BARTLETT,CLARKSVILLE,COLLIERVILLE,FRANKLIN, MBA,ROSSVIEW,SCIENCE HILL

Father Ryan does look great so far this season though.  I'm not sure if they have all their pieces yet, but if they don't and they still have a few to add, they might be the best team in the state.  Will be a fun season to watch this year.  Competition level is getting higher and higher.  Big win for TN wrestling no matter what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biffmar4 said:

Father Ryan does look great so far this season though.  I'm not sure if they have all their pieces yet, but if they don't and they still have a few to add, they might be the best team in the state.  Will be a fun season to watch this year.  Competition level is getting higher and higher.  Big win for TN wrestling no matter what happens.

They are loaded and they get after it. I was really impressed with them this year. Ill also say Nolensville has a bunch of good wrestlers and would beat some of those teams on that list. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, McNugget said:

Putting different divisions together in one poll is about as dumb as anything we do in wrestling. (I'm not sure any other state does?)Find another sport that does this on any level. If you're going to do 1 poll, you still need to have a division poll. 

I'm pretty sure California does this. If you are the 145lb state champ, there aren't 3 others just like you in different divisions. You are THE champ. 

• Upvote 1