5A 2022

Facts4You

I'm struggling to pick a 5th team, but in no particular order, I've got Powell, West, Henry County, and Rhea County. Page brings some talent back, but without McNamara, I don't see them as a top 5 team yet. I also expect Knox Central to take another step back. Any thoughts on what Springfield, Mt. Juliet, and Green Hill bring back next year?

Edited by osunut2

Oak Ridge will be loaded with question marks but with talent to work with. The schedule will be brutal again so expect some defeats but hopefully the Wildcats will improve as the season rolls along.

Powell will have lots of talent but will they handle the pressure of having the bulleye on their back.

I like Rhea County, West and Henry County as well.

• Like 1

I expect the west side of the bracket to look not much different than it did this year. 

Henry County, Springfield, Memphis Central, Green Hill/MJ, and maybe even Page again will likely compete for a spot in Chattanooga. 

And I fully expect all the usual suspects from East TN to be back in the equation. The more 5A changes the more it stays the same in that regard.  

Out of the East I look for Powell and Rhea to come out of Region 3 & 4 then the winner gets West in the semifinals. If Rhea can find some replacements for the guys that are graduating, which I think they will. Rhea will be back in the quarterfinals at least. Too much talent not to be back to at least the quarterfinals. 

Depending on who Oak Ridge hires they could also be a contender in Region 3. 

Edited by Rhea Co.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, osunut2 said:

I'm struggling to pick a 5th team, but in no particular order, I've got Powell, West, Henry County, and Rhea County. Page brings some talent back, but without McNamara, I don't see them as a top 5 team yet. I also expect Knox Central to take another step back. Any thoughts on what Springfield, Mt. Juliet, and Green Hill bring back next year?

Springfield should be better by all accounts, they already had a stingy defense that may be even better if they can get some upcoming talent up to speed. The offense should be adjusted and improved as well, they will be in the mix on the west side as usual...

On 12/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, osunut2 said:

I believe GH is returning 15 starters, so they should be a factor again