alcoa VS big teams

theawesomebro

1 hour ago, JRB said:

This past season LA competes with anyone in TN and beats most.  Had the ball inside Oakland’s 10 for the potential tie as the game ended. Handled CPA twice easily, 38-0 and 27-0. CPA played Oakland to a 1 score game. Mercy ruled the #2 team from Arkansas who played in their state championship. Picked up an out of region game with Knox Catholic and won 44-0. 

It will be interesting to see if Trent can maintain what he has started. But this year they and Oakland were the 2 best I saw. 

If possible, have your AD contact Josh Stephens at Alcoa High School. I’m pretty sure he could get you on the schedule. Would really like to see this work out. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Figured as much…..

Then why did you make the suggestion? My kids went to JP2. I just have no issue in being being objective. I saw LA play 4 times and was impressed with their talent and play. 

Edited by JRB

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Me too! It would save Alcoa having to travels so much. Just in the past years Alcoa traveled to Blackman and Kingsport DB. Close to Three Hour drives. Next season....to Cookeville and Rhea County. Next season will have Knox. West traveling to Alcoa. Alcoa will probably need one more out of region game. Another knoxville Area team would be great!:thumb:

I seldom attend games anymore, but I am going to try and get to Rhea Co. when y’all play there next year. I have never seen Alcoa play in person. I spent time at Rhea Co. 30 years ago, but haven’t been back there in ages. They have a great stadium. The visitors side is the former home side, so there is plenty of room. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crow6424 said:

Alcoa is the best pound for pound team in the state and pound for pound one of the best teams in the country but the best 6a teams and best private schools are a little better. Not by much though

You need to watch the 2a state championship game in North Carolina today at 3. Shelby is going for their 19th state championship 7th out the past 9 years. As a high school football fan Alcoa Shelby is my dream game. Schools are 199 miles apart.

https://myrdctv.com/sports/content/2021-2a-4a-nchsaa-football-state-championships

41 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Again to be the man you gotta beat the man. Seems a Alcoa fan said to call the AD and set it up. Nobody has connections  Bet Mark Packer would make it happen if LA wants to take a shot on TV and get serious.

I’ll definitely run it by our AD. Will be very interesting to see what kind of reply, if any, he gets…:thumb: