Maryville 2022

REBELRON

Picked up the season tickets this morning and noticed the Heritage game was on Thursday to start the season off.  Also have a new sponsor "Hardee's" on back of the tickets this year. I have to admit I didn't use a single one of the BoJangle's coupons due to how the place run down hill having to hire every Scallywag in town to keep the doors open and most of the time it was to only keep the drive in open. A change of scenery is a good thing though.

28 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Picked up the season tickets this morning and noticed the Heritage game was on Thursday to start the season off.  Also have a new sponsor "Hardee's" on back of the tickets this year. I have to admit I didn't use a single one of the BoJangle's coupons due to how the place run down hill having to hire every Scallywag in town to keep the doors open and most of the time it was to only keep the drive in open. A change of scenery is a good thing though.

Due to referee shortages across the state, the TSSAA moved some games to Thursdays all across the state.  I think that's why the Heritage game got moved.  The Powell game is on Thursday also because it's the TV game.

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

Due to referee shortages across the state, the TSSAA moved some games to Thursdays all across the state.  I think that's why the Heritage game got moved.  The Powell game is on Thursday also because it's the TV game.

TSSAA is requiring every team to play at least one game on a Thursday night this season. 

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

Didn't realize this until your post. Very sad world we're dealing with now days. I don't see that many younger people interested in calling anymore. I know from listening to one person we both know that he would get sent plum halfway across the state to call a game when he lived in town where people where driving 30 or 40 miles to come here. I can see how that wouldn't go over well with many people that could call games.

Pretty even matchup. Big plays by both teams. Seeking the best competition for a scrimmage game can only make you better for both teams. Seen Catholic come over here a couple years ago and turn Maryville everywhere but lose and we picked up the pieces and and went over to Oak Ridge the following week and when we left the scoreboard said 60-7 Maryville marched right on to the state championship from there. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

9 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Who looked good for Maryville? Any surprises?

It's always hard to give you names of the new players when no roster exist at this time. The O-Line looked great and long list of running backs looked good as well. Surprised we didn't go deep to see what we have more than we did considering it was a scrimmage. Only negative was 4 dropped passes and the defensive backfield was ultra slow to react while Catholic's QB had a field day. Saw the same crap in the 7 on 7 against Anderson County. The positive was the new kid got a shot at cb and reacts well and came close to an interception. Next week against Oak Ridge should be good. Saw a lot of break away runs against Fulton on the highlight film.