Halls Opening

dogbull495

On 12/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, LEFTYKNOX said:
9 minutes ago, dogbull495 said:

What does his resume look like? It seems like I’ve seen his name a lot here.

Resume' is legit! Has won 2 state championships been to a couple more with West and Catholic as a Defensive coordinator (maybe wrong on the catholic possibly position coach). Coached offensive line  and Defensive Ends being a part of some really good Central teams back when he first he started coaching.  Kevin Lane is hard nosed, great ball coach, and a WINNER. If I am Halls I would call him offer him the job and make him say no. If he says no I would offer it to Brent Hughes.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird45 said:

Resume' is legit! Has won 2 state championships been to a couple more with West and Catholic as a Defensive coordinator (maybe wrong on the catholic possibly position coach). Coached offensive line  and Defensive Ends being a part of some really good Central teams back when he first he started coaching.  Kevin Lane is hard nosed, great ball coach, and a WINNER. If I am Halls I would call him offer him the job and make him say no. If he says no I would offer it to Brent Hughes.

Sounds like a great canidate. Has he ever been an HC? What makes you think he would turn it down?

23 minutes ago, bigbird45 said:

Not talking anything away from KL. Great man and coach but I think Brent Hughes is waiting in the wings for this. Coach Cummings did a great job during his time at Halls and a lot of that couldn’t have been done without Brent. You add in that he’s a Halls boy, should be an easy hire for the administration. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird45 said:

No he has not been HC did not have a degree, but with Bearden doing what they did could open some doors for people like Kevin Lane. I don't know why he would turn it down other than the thought of would you leave West High School or possible private job to go to Halls?

I don’t see any other school doing what Bearden did. From what I’ve heard about the principal at Halls he’s a young common sense guy. 

2 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Not talking anything away from KL. Great man and coach but I think Brent Hughes is waiting in the wings for this. Coach Cummings did a great job during his time at Halls and a lot of that couldn’t have been done without Brent. You add in that he’s a Halls boy, should be an easy hire for the administration. 

I don’t see any other school doing what Bearden did. From what I’ve heard about the principal at Halls he’s a young common sense guy. 

They are both Halls boys just Lane never went back.  I completely agree about Brent Hughes from what the bird has heard great, guy, coach, and the kids really like him. Hughes and Lane both have done a really good job where they are at and they have been.  I don't know much about Halls admin but you never know. Will definitely be interesting to see what unfolds in Halls.   

5 hours ago, bigbird45 said:

They are both Halls boys just Lane never went back.  I completely agree about Brent Hughes from what the bird has heard great, guy, coach, and the kids really like him. Hughes and Lane both have done a really good job where they are at and they have been.  I don't know much about Halls admin but you never know. Will definitely be interesting to see what unfolds in Halls.   

I know both well having been around Kevin during his tenure at Catholic and have known/coached Brent since he was in middle school (and his parents for 45 years). Kevin is obviously more mature and has an excellent resume with a few gold balls to show for it. Brent has been involved with both Central and Halls programs. 

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

I know both well having been around Kevin during his tenure at Catholic and have known/coached Brent since he was in middle school (and his parents for 45 years). Kevin is obviously more mature and has an excellent resume with a few gold balls to show for it. Brent has been involved with both Central and Halls programs. 

Brent was also at Powell during 2013 with Tobi Kilgore, and I believe with him at Karns for at least a year before he became a certified teacher.  

Great young guy.  

And I don't know Kevin well, but his reputation as a solid football coach is well respected.  

Both would be great choices.