Boyd Buchanan 2022

BoydBuchBacker

On 2/16/2022 at 11:21 AM, gcapride said:

That should've happened from the start, but you had Meske and a CPA (or Lipscomb, I can't remember which one) representative on the board that made the classifications and set the cutoff #'s. The cutoff for DII-AAA was conveniently set just a few students above those schools so they didn't have to play the big boys. Booger knows all about their meeting :roflolk:

Nothing like not including the 8th graders in your numbers when some were starting on the varsity. What are the odds Webb and CPA were only a couple under the cutoff they help establish?

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

Nothing like not including the 8th graders in your numbers when some were starting on the varsity. What are the odds Webb and CPA were only a couple under the cutoff they help establish?

What are the odds you didn’t read the whole thread before adding your two cents to the conspiracy theory? Scroll up a little and read Booger’s reply to GCAPride…

The difference from the first time numbers were set to the 2nd is that the first time all the schools knew the number up front and then turned in their counts the following fall. This last time they were told what the number would be AFTER those counts. 

Everyone knows Webb (Meske) and Lipscomb (Roller at that time) set the initial number for AA football strictly to protect their respective schools. That is not up for debate. In CPA's defense Ellson was not on that committee although I am sure he wanted to be.  

21 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

What are the odds you didn’t read the whole thread before adding your two cents to the conspiracy theory? Scroll up a little and read Booger’s reply to GCAPride…

The odds are 100% I read the whole thread. Booger has always dropped enlightened views. When I asked Meske specifically about counting 8th graders, the response was 8th graders really don’t contribute. My response was Elijah Howard was All-State as an 8th grader and he may have contributed. Easy to determine your enrollment when you know the target number you have to come in below.... just saying.

32 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

The odds are 100% I read the whole thread. Booger has always dropped enlightened views. When I asked Meske specifically about counting 8th graders, the response was 8th graders really don’t contribute. My response was Elijah Howard was All-State as an 8th grader and he may have contributed. Easy to determine your enrollment when you know the target number you have to come in below.... just saying.

I understand what you are saying. I should have been more direct. GCAPride said CPA (maybe) had a person on the committee, when they did not and I took your original statement to say CPA was able to stay in AA because of that. The truth is CPA does not have a cap on their enrollment for something as trivial in the grand scheme of things as classification in football. And they certainly don’t hide students someway. The numbers have always been transparent and easy to access to any parent with children in the school and probably many others. 

On 2/17/2022 at 10:04 PM, IrishBBall said:

how bout Irishball stayin her hilliray opinion in Knoxville 

Booger just sayin:?

8 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I understand what you are saying. I should have been more direct. GCAPride said CPA (maybe) had a person on the committee, when they did not and I took your original statement to say CPA was able to stay in AA because of that. The truth is CPA does not have a cap on their enrollment for something as trivial in the grand scheme of things as classification in football. And they certainly don’t hide students someway. The numbers have always been transparent and easy to access to any parent with children in the school and probably many others. 

private school numbers have been growing, especially during covid and I have never once heard anyone discuss enrollment as it relates to sports divisions.   once again, i'm a lipscomb guy, not a CPA guy but they proved they will play and can beat anyone.  why would they care what division they are in?  it seems to me both schools are busting at the seams and will be classified where ever they end up and be pretty competitive most of the time.  my opinion is lispcomb wants to move up WITH CPA so they can keep playing.  : )

• 2 weeks later...