Boyd Buchanan 2022

BoydBuchBacker

6 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Rankin isn't a household name that way? I know the dynamics are different there than here out west but that's surprising to hear. He could probably come out this way and start a program at a public or private and have his choice of just about any kid he wanted.

I would guess that Rankin is a name that the parents will know.  The names McCallie and Baylor loom over the name Rankin in that area...program vs person.

2 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I would guess that Rankin is a name that the parents will know.  The names McCallie and Baylor loom over the name Rankin in that area...program vs person.

I'll trust your judgement on that one Baylor and McCallie seem to be among the top schools in the state. But idk when a guy comes to the area that has won more than both programs combined I'd at least give him a punchers chance. 

16 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Rankin isn't a household name that way? I know the dynamics are different there than here out west but that's surprising to hear. He could probably come out this way and start a program at a public or private and have his choice of just about any kid he wanted.

Im gone ask my neighbors kiddos in the morning lol.

15 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I'll trust your judgement on that one Baylor and McCallie seem to be among the top schools in the state. But idk when a guy comes to the area that has won more than both programs combined I'd at least give him a punchers chance. 

Always a puncher's chance.  It took Dilfer 3 yrs but a much different situation.  Don't forget that the Baylor coach isn't that far off in Ships and has SEC coaching experience.  It may not matter on the field, but tell a kid/parent that and I think it makes a difference.  Just my opinion.

14 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Always a puncher's chance.  It took Dilfer 3 yrs but a much different situation.  Don't forget that the Baylor coach isn't that far off in Ships and has SEC coaching experience.  It may not matter on the field, but tell a kid/parent that and I think it makes a difference.  Just my opinion.

Dilfer may have had a different situation, but he had as many or more posters with the opinion that he would not succeed for various reasons...all of them were wrong.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:41 AM, tradertwo said:

Dilfer may have had a different situation, but he had as many or more posters with the opinion that he would not succeed for various reasons...all of them were wrong.

Very true.  Foks think it is Dilfer in isolation.  The staff that he put together is second to none.  The NFL strength coach is one of the more impressive hires to me.

Bucs will be ready for 2022. Great group coming up, and talent up from the past 2 years. Am I saying we will win state, no, but will be be much improved, no doubt. And  2023 should be way better. I'm liking what is about to happen at Boyd Buchanan. Great people make great things happen.

Edited by reaction
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 9:02 AM, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I"m going to politely disagree. Looking at the past 5 years, Boyd has stunk.

I would argue Red Bank, Tyner, E. Ham, are definitely schools you could pull kids from. But Baylor and McCallie run Chattanooga. CCS is better than Boyd in the same region. Silverdale is also on the rise. Notre Dame in the mix also. 

As far as being crazy to not go play for Rankin, he isn't a household name to kids from Howard School, or Brainerd, or Tyner. And Boyd Buchanan might as well not exist if you are an urban kid from East Chatt. 

The truth is if you aren't Baylor or McCallie, it's slim pickings. No way these smaller schools have the financial backing of the two big boys.  And honestly -- if you are pulling Ham. county kids... you gotta beat out McCallie for top talent. 

Slightly off topic- But RE Rankin not being a household name, the closest that Maryville High came to losing during their 74 game winning streak when they were 4A was a 1st Round playoff game against Brainerd. Why was the game so close? My theory is that the Brainerd kids had never heard of Maryville, and as such were not defeated before they got off of the bus. 

On 3/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, chs1984 said:

Slightly off topic- But RE Rankin not being a household name, the closest that Maryville High came to losing during their 74 game winning streak when they were 4A was a 1st Round playoff game against Brainerd. Why was the game so close? My theory is that the Brainerd kids had never heard of Maryville, and as such were not defeated before they got off of the bus. 

I was at the game. Were you?

On 3/5/2022 at 8:41 AM, tradertwo said:

LA got players in that school unlike ANY other program in the state. Nobody saw LA changing what they’ve done historically to win championships. 

Edited by Playerscoach