Quiet in Meigs camp

Raider1234

Who’s the q coming up ? I keep hearing they are getting a kid moving in from neighboring county which would work for the run left program.  The only impact player left is a young Malone no real help from the senior class, if the new recruits don’t help it’s going to be a long season. 

Martin will be transferring to Meigs from Rhea county to start as the running back quarterback .   Rumor has it Pendagrass one of the parent was involved heavily in the recruiting process to go as far as to offer his apartment .  That will keep it legal but sure doesn’t set well with the students or parents .   Guess if you can’t coach you recruit .  The run left program is alive and well.  So why would a 5A starter transfer to a 2A program ? another fun fact is that Martin had worn out his welcome with current staff.  Fitzgerald is known for going after Rhea county players add this to the list .  Just keeping it real !

43 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

The next aaron swafford poach from Rhea?  Does seem odd a starter for a 5A team would go to a 2A school. 

Upset? As a new parent with a upcoming freshman I am Thrilled! 

We would have been hard pressed to complete for State this year without a good option at Qb and now we are set for the next 2 years! Hopefully by then we will have someone ready. 
I do know some facts that might ease your mind. Ms Swafford applied for a job at Meigs county! Need more? 
Kaleb’s brother also played at Meigs NOT RHEA and was all state. He’s now playing college football at ETSU! 
 So for the crying dad who’s son isn’t good enough, how about working harder and complaining less. It’s the Tiger way!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

Upset? As a new parent with a upcoming freshman I am Thrilled! 

We would have been hard pressed to complete for State this year without a good option at Qb and now we are set for the next 2 years! Hopefully by then we will have someone ready. 
I do know some facts that might ease your mind. Ms Swafford applied for a job at Meigs county! Need more? 
Kaleb’s brother also played at Meigs NOT RHEA and was all state. He’s now playing college football at ETSU! 
 So for the crying dad who’s son isn’t good enough, how about working harder and complaining less. It’s the Tiger way!

You must have meant this for cantplay. 

On 3/7/2022 at 6:01 PM, Cantplay said:

Who’s the q coming up ? I keep hearing they are getting a kid moving in from neighboring county which would work for the run left program.  The only impact player left is a young Malone no real help from the senior class, if the new recruits don’t help it’s going to be a long season. 

I think Meigs has several good players. Also a real good coaching staff. I’ll get my report soon and get back with you.
 We might even have to place a small wager since your prediction is gloom and doom. 

16 hours ago, Cantplay said:

Martin will be transferring to Meigs from Rhea county to start as the running back quarterback .   Rumor has it Pendagrass one of the parent was involved heavily in the recruiting process to go as far as to offer his apartment .  That will keep it legal but sure doesn’t set well with the students or parents .   Guess if you can’t coach you recruit .  The run left program is alive and well.  So why would a 5A starter transfer to a 2A program ? another fun fact is that Martin had worn out his welcome with current staff.  Fitzgerald is known for going after Rhea county players add this to the list .  Just keeping it real !

More than one way to skin a cat.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:01 PM, Cantplay said:

Well fortunately my kid graduated a year ago .  So the sore dad comment is a bit silly .  But as the saying goes if you can’t coach you poach.  

1 hour ago, Cantplay said:

Well fortunately my kid graduated a year ago .  So the sore dad comment is a bit silly .  But as the saying goes if you can’t coach you poach.  

Maybe more like if you don’t have the talent in your district, you poach. Which seems to be the case with Meigs’ best players in their new found success under Fitz. The necks in the stands enjoy screaming and cheering for kids from other counties. 

but that’s just the way it is now. Take any state champ caliber team, and it will not be a homegrown roster with kids that grew up together in the district. Those days are gone for good. So I hope the teams i root for do the same. Recruit like heck baby!!  Just the way it is now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1