Quiet in Meigs camp

Raider1234

Cantplay it is hard to tell if your an Eagle or a Tiger. One thing for sure though your understanding of how things work is way off! Poach if you can't coach? So Gary Rankin, George Quarles, Vic Grider and the late Tom Weathers can't coach? Do you realize how many players from those championship teams were transfers? Dont believe you do. If you are a tiger then you know Meigs has been getting transfers for years! Back in the 90's one of there best players was from Athens. If you are an Eagle Bill Horton made a living off Bledsoe kids. So did Fitzgerald and Pemberton as well. Like it or not transferring is what is going on in all of sports today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oldtimer69 said:

Cantplay it is hard to tell if your an Eagle or a Tiger. One thing for sure though your understanding of how things work is way off! Poach if you can't coach? So Gary Rankin, George Quarles, Vic Grider and the late Tom Weathers can't coach? Do you realize how many players from those championship teams were transfers? Dont believe you do. If you are a tiger then you know Meigs has been getting transfers for years! Back in the 90's one of there best players was from Athens. If you are an Eagle Bill Horton made a living off Bledsoe kids. So did Fitzgerald and Pemberton as well. Like it or not transferring is what is going on in all of sports today. 

I believe that’s game, set, and match!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Oldtimer69 said:

Spot on. It may be hard to swallow but that's the way it is @Cantplay  

The stands are filled in In Meigs on Friday nights and the stands were filled with smiling parents and players in cookeville in back to back years!  If your from Meigs jump on board and enjoy the ride.. If your from Rhea or that blue place well  just stick it. 

On 3/9/2022 at 8:14 PM, Tigerbomb said:

Upset? As a new parent with a upcoming freshman I am Thrilled! 

We would have been hard pressed to complete for State this year without a good option at Qb and now we are set for the next 2 years! Hopefully by then we will have someone ready. 
I do know some facts that might ease your mind. Ms Swafford applied for a job at Meigs county! Need more? 
Kaleb’s brother also played at Meigs NOT RHEA and was all state. He’s now playing college football at ETSU! 
 So for the crying dad who’s son isn’t good enough, how about working harder and complaining less. It’s the Tiger way!

Actually Jawan did play at Rhea and was a starter at Rhea before going to Meigs. He got kicked off the team and got a 2nd chance at Meigs. He made the most of his 2nd chance and I’m proud of him. Now I I get to cheer for him on Saturdays at my Alma Mater. As for Kaleb, if he is leaving best of luck to him. 

On 3/10/2022 at 5:15 PM, Tigerbomb said:

Spot on. It may be hard to swallow but that's the way it is @Cantplay  

The stands are filled in In Meigs on Friday nights and the stands were filled with smiling parents and players in cookeville in back to back years!  If your from Meigs jump on board and enjoy the ride.. If your from Rhea or that blue place well  just stick it. 

Hearing meigs is strong on the path of transfers. Hearing there is another MLB transfer coming in from a surrounding county that’s been killing the camp scene this year. 
may be in for some really big additions. May cause a large shuffle on defense

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Meigs entire fan base has been on thorazine since they lost to trousdale. they thought it was their year 

If that's the case, Peabody base must have undergone shock treatments and thorazine drip given they moved down to 1a and exited in the semi-finals.

19 minutes ago, rlh said:

If that's the case, Peabody base must have undergone shock treatments and thorazine drip given they moved down to 1a and exited in the semi-finals.

That made it worse for Meigs. With Peabody out of the way and both Trousdale and Watertown down this was their chance. Mckenzie gave Peabody all they wanted in 2020 and had the entire team back. I've said many times over the last several seasons that 1A had better top teams than 2A and two of the best ones dropped to 1A last year.