Rankin leaving Alcoa

Jeremiah

5 hours ago, FactSpitter said:

Out of all the schools I have heard SP makes the most sense. Why go somewhere and worry about a rebuild when you can go to SP and continue winning? He will be able to build a real nice staff at SP and they will become a powerhouse again in 1A.  He will also be able to get talent from surrounding schools because kids will want to play for a proven winner. If he has family in Murfreesboro and Chattanooga then why not split it and coach SP and keep his legacy intact? 

Because it's a lateral move at best. He would still be in the public system, probably take a pay cut, and winning percentage wouldn't get better than where he currently is. Private division or out of state and he can retire from the public system and earn a separate paycheck. I also don't get the "become" a powerhouse comment... they're the state champions already, and have a long history of being a "powerhouse".

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, FactSpitter said:

Out of all the schools I have heard SP makes the most sense. Why go somewhere and worry about a rebuild when you can go to SP and continue winning? He will be able to build a real nice staff at SP and they will become a powerhouse again in 1A.  He will also be able to get talent from surrounding schools because kids will want to play for a proven winner. If he has family in Murfreesboro and Chattanooga then why not split it and coach SP and keep his legacy intact? 

you wish.

20 hours ago, FactSpitter said:

Didn't  SP just promote one of there co head coached from this season?

Edited by reaction

On 12/28/2021 at 7:26 PM, tradertwo said:

Because it's a lateral move at best. He would still be in the public system, probably take a pay cut, and winning percentage wouldn't get better than where he currently is. Private division or out of state and he can retire from the public system and earn a separate paycheck. I also don't get the "become" a powerhouse comment... they're the state champions already, and have a long history of being a "powerhouse".

True,heard the money wasnt even close also.

On 12/25/2021 at 11:56 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Crickets from "know it all" playswithcoaches!

Crickets? I knew he was leaving as did many people. He was interested in coaching at a private school as well. The guy has gone on record saying he would coach until he dies but who knows? His son left Goodpasture, a school CGR wasn’t interested in coaching at from what’s been said, to go to Boyd. He has a cabin in the Townsend-Gatlinburg area and frequents Townsend on his bike rides during the summer months. Might even see him at the Apple Valley Cafe if you’re lucky. Now, I’m sorry you think only you hear what CGR has to say but that’s your issue not mine. I hope you get rid of all that angst so you can live a more peaceful and stress free life. Best of luck!!