2021 Sonic Shootout

ukhoops

Ok I have read for two days about how this went down.  Then I found out today what REALLY went down.   Clarkrange let the "director" know they wouldn't play York WAY before the tournament bracket was released.   They were not happy that York was even in the tournament when they had been coming there for several years.  So he knew about it and knew they wouldn't play.  There was also a discussion about the forfeit after the WC/Clarkrange game.  There should have been a backup plan in case this situation happened  but I don't think they planned on both of them ending in the losers bracket.  

Now after that has been said, let us all remember that this is not the ONLY team in the UC that refuses to play a team in the same county as them.   And nobody has ever been shot in that matchup!  There are also no board of education provisions against this game.   You guys act like this is the first time this has ever happened.  NOPE it happens every single year in one county.  They play football but not basketball.   Talk about that.   #DontBeeScared  :eek:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Ok I have read for two days about how this went down.  Then I found out today what REALLY went down.   Clarkrange let the "director" know they wouldn't play York WAY before the tournament bracket was released.   They were not happy that York was even in the tournament when they had been coming there for several years.  So he knew about it and knew they wouldn't play.  There was also a discussion about the forfeit after the WC/Clarkrange game.  There should have been a backup plan in case this situation happened  but I don't think they planned on both of them ending in the losers bracket.  

Now after that has been said, let us all remember that this is not the ONLY team in the UC that refuses to play a team in the same county as them.   And nobody has ever been shot in that matchup!  There are also no board of education provisions against this game.   You guys act like this is the first time this has ever happened.  NOPE it happens every single year in one county.  They play football but not basketball.   Talk about that.   #DontBeeScared  :eek:

Not the case at all.... Check with Michael Dodgen and Eric Mitchell, tournament directors. The only arrangement was they would not play in the first round... Somebody is pulling your chain and telling you what you wanna hear so you wouold get on here and run your mouth...

You wanna play Baxter? Fine with us....

Lamar dodged this game himself and it will go down as a forfeit

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

You really believe that Clarkrange would have played that tournament without having that conversation?  Seriously??  They haven’t played York in like 40 years but they are going to play this year?  Riiiight.   That’s all I have to say about that.

….and it takes two to tango!

York wanted to play.... was ready to play... shorthanded btw.... but still ready to play....

Dont believe me??? Ask Dodgen and Mitchell.... I have....

Jodi, No way you can justify this... On one hand you complain because people won't play Cookeville (aka Baxter) and then in the same breath you try to justify Lamar HIMSELF deciding this game wouldn't happen....

Director of Schools (Jones AND Bush) has even said they should've played

Lamar has said the 1 schoolboard member told him not to play... You think that ANY schoolboard member tells Lamar what to do with his program??????

The schedules were set and sent to the coaches TWO MONTHS ago!!!! If he didn't wanna take the chance to play? Bow out BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS!!!! York was denied an opportunity to get better against "the goat" as he's been called....

They played in 95 and NOTHING out of the way happened

This is a forfeit and everyone knows it

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

York wanted to play.... was ready to play... shorthanded btw.... but still ready to play....

Dont believe me??? Ask Dodgen and Mitchell.... I have....

Jodi, No way you can justify this... On one hand you complain because people won't play Cookeville (aka Baxter) and then in the same breath you try to justify Lamar HIMSELF deciding this game wouldn't happen....

Director of Schools (Jones AND Bush) has even said they should've played

Lamar has said the 1 schoolboard member told him not to play... You think that ANY schoolboard member tells Lamar what to do with his program??????

The schedules were set and sent to the coaches TWO MONTHS ago!!!! If he didn't wanna take the chance to play? Bow out BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS!!!! York was denied an opportunity to get better against "the goat" as he's been called....

They played in 95 and NOTHING out of the way happened

This is a forfeit and everyone knows it

To bad Coach T won’t list the game on here as a forfeit and York win. It was originally put on there and then for some reason the game got removed… I guess Clarkrange has close ties or something and told them to keep it off their schedule/record because they will not add that game back even if requested lol

• Like 1

It makes no sense not to play this game. I’ve grown up in Fentress County and pretty much lived here most my adult life other than leaving for college.  I love to follow the sports programs from grade school all the way through.  Even try to livestream some of the games for the kids that have gone on to play the college level.  To say you don’t want to play a game because of animosity between the schools is ludicrous.  That is a thing of the past.  Was talking to a friend the other day and they made a very valid point.  How can these same kids played each other 3 or 4 times a year during middle school but get to high school and it’s a issue.  They have played travel ball together and for years 3 or 4 of the Clarkrange team has had kids that travel from the north end to play ball.  I’m sorry but Lamar just showed the kids if you don’t like how it is going just say  I’m not  gonna do it.  

Edited by option76
  • Upvote 2

On 12/22/2021 at 7:47 PM, YorkPride21 said:

Yes, Clarkrange forfeited the game according to the tournament director. 

To use the excuse that they can’t play York due to a shooting that happened 40-50 years ago is a pretty poor one. There is no agreement, rule or anything in place saying these two teams can’t play. York has been trying to schedule with Clarkrange for years and years but get turned down every time. The boys even used to scrimmage before the season a few years ago but for some reason the girls never wanted too. 

But the bracket for this tournament was put out over a month in advance, they knew there would be a possibility of meeting up with York… I feel bad for the girls from both teams to have this game taken away from them like this. York coaches wanted to play this game but Clarkrange had no intentions of wanting to play at all. 

First off, there are untrue statements in this post. I know because I played for Clarkrange and definitely scrimmaged York girls in an official scrimmage. There’s so much bad blood here. Don’t touch it. Those scrimmages always ended with fights, clothing ripped off, and sometimes, injuries. Let it go. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cr1 said:

First off, there are untrue statements in this post. I know because I played for Clarkrange and definitely scrimmaged York girls in an official scrimmage. There’s so much bad blood here. Don’t touch it. Those scrimmages always ended with fights, clothing ripped off, and sometimes, injuries. Let it go. 

When was this. It is ridiculous to say this when the elementary teams play 3 and 4 times a year.  This is ludicrous that they do not play.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cr1 said:

Without proof? This didn't happen....

We'll all let this go when it's shown as a forfeit L for Clarkrange

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic