2A Region 2

Dadof2

On 12/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, Dadof2 said:

Who’s the team to beat in district 4 this year? Right now in district 3 Meigs might be the team to beat but it’s still early in the season. Just thought I would see how Tyner and some of those teams are looking.

District 4, the teams should be: Tyner, CSAS, Brainerd, & Polk Co. I just hope and pray that this pandemic does not affect the coming season as it had done in the past!!

On 12/17/2021 at 8:57 PM, Dadof2 said:

Meigs looked really good tonight again a good Fulton team losing a close one 74-67. This team could make some noise come tournament time.

A team to watch in D-4 is Polk County. They lost to Brainerd by 2, and lost to CSAS & Tyner by 5! I saw that they beat Meigs in November. Polk will be a team that will surprise folk in the District and Region!!

56 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

A team to watch in D-4 is Polk County. They lost to Brainerd by 2, and lost to CSAS & Tyner by 5! I saw that they beat Meigs in November. Polk will be a team that will surprise folk in the District and Region!!

Yes Polk beat Meigs early in the season and they come to Meigs in a couple weeks. Polk might have the best player in the region, I can’t remember he’s name but the kid can play. I think there’s several teams that could win the region this year just depends on who’s hot at the time.

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

District 4, the teams should be: Tyner, CSAS, Brainerd, & Polk Co. I just hope and pray that this pandemic does not affect the coming season as it had done in the past!!

It makes me nervous seeing all the college games being canceled or postponed. They might use the same format as last year and have the highest seed host in the region. 

10 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Yes Polk beat Meigs early in the season and they come to Meigs in a couple weeks. Polk might have the best player in the region, I can’t remember he’s name but the kid can play. I think there’s several teams that could win the region this year just depends on who’s hot at the time.

I believe I know who you are talking about. He has an agressive game and good basketball IQ !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, Dadof2 said:

Who’s the team to beat in district 4 this year? Right now in district 3 Meigs might be the team to beat but it’s still early in the season. Just thought I would see how Tyner and some of those teams are looking.

Just completed our holiday tournaments/non-district schedule and after beating Howard and losing to McCallie by 5 points, I believe we are ready for anyone in District 3 or 4. If we stay healthy, we will go deep into the playoffs!!

16 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Just completed our holiday tournaments/non-district schedule and after beating Howard and losing to McCallie by 5 points, I believe we are ready for anyone in District 3 or 4. If we stay healthy, we will go deep into the playoffs!!

I watched the first half of the Howard game. Tyner started slow but came back to even things up at the half. The McCallie game Tyner got behind and I thought the game was over but Tyner showed a lot of hart and came back. 

I think Tyner is the favorite but there should be some good games especially if the same Meigs team that took McMinn to OT shows up, but that’s the question witch team shows up. 

18 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I watched the first half of the Howard game. Tyner started slow but came back to even things up at the half. The McCallie game Tyner got behind and I thought the game was over but Tyner showed a lot of hart and came back. 

I think Tyner is the favorite but there should be some good games especially if the same Meigs team that took McMinn to OT shows up, but that’s the question witch team shows up. 

Tyner will have 2 tough games next week. @ Polk County on Tuesday and CSAS on Friday. After playing these, half of our district games will be complete, however a long season will still be ahead! Like I said previously, I pray all of the teams can stay healthy.

5 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Tyner will have 2 tough games next week. @ Polk County on Tuesday and CSAS on Friday. After playing these, half of our district games will be complete, however a long season will still be ahead! Like I said previously, I pray all of the teams can stay healthy.

Polk can be tough at home. Meigs played them early in the season before some of the football players were folly back, they come to Meigs in a couple weeks. Meigs will have a tough game next week against McMinn. I’m like you I hope everyone can stay healthy and finish the season. I have a daughter that plays and I enjoy watching the kids play and definitely don’t want to see the season cut short. Good luck to you guys.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Polk can be tough at home. Meigs played them early in the season before some of the football players were folly back, they come to Meigs in a couple weeks. Meigs will have a tough game next week against McMinn. I’m like you I hope everyone can stay healthy and finish the season. I have a daughter that plays and I enjoy watching the kids play and definitely don’t want to see the season cut short. Good luck to you guys.

Thanks, and Good Luck with McMinn County. They are tough @ home as well. We went up there earlier and lost by 3 points.