2A Region 2

Dadof2

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs just played bad tonight, I was surprised that they lead by 7 at halftime and the second half foul trouble made it even harder. I still think it comes down to Meigs and Sweetwater. Central has put themselves in a uphill battle losing to a not very good Kingston team and the district tournament being at Meigs helps them a lot. 

Meigs at Sweetwater next week will tell us a lot.

Meigs played about as well as they could in the first half and only led by 3 after the three pointer at the buzzer. Etowah shot lights out (like they almost always do against us) in the first half. You’re right, foul trouble hit us hard in the second half. Four of five starters had 3 or more fouls early in the fourth quarter. That’s no excuse. I can’t stand losing to them, but kudos chargers.

I absolutely think etowah should be in that group with Sweetwater and Meigs. They have a couple different options, just like Meigs, who can score 15-20 on any night. Like I previously said earlier in this thread, I really want to see us beat Sweetwater and Etowah, especially before tournament time rolls around, just to get over that mental hurdle. 

Edited by ElGoat

On 1/15/2022 at 12:37 AM, ElGoat said:

Meigs played about as well as they could in the first half and only led by 3 after the three pointer at the buzzer. Etowah shot lights out (like they almost always do against us) in the first half. You’re right, foul trouble hit us hard in the second half. Four of five starters had 3 or more fouls early in the fourth quarter. That’s no excuse. I can’t stand losing to them, but kudos chargers.

I absolutely think etowah should be in that group with Sweetwater and Meigs. They have a couple different options, just like Meigs, who can score 15-20 on any night. Like I previously said earlier in this thread, I really want to see us beat Sweetwater and Etowah, especially before tournament time rolls around, just to get over that mental hurdle. 

Good to see Mcminn central beat Ten Mile like they did. 

10 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

@Dadof2 TSSAA posted where the District and Region tournaments will be held next month: Meigs and Marion County and Region will be at Marion County!!

I know this would be highly unlikely for the boys but there’s a chance that the district 3 girls could sweep district 4, would the girls move back to Meigs?

4 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I know this would be highly unlikely for the boys but there’s a chance that the district 3 girls could sweep district 4, would the girls move back to Meigs?

If that happened they probably would have the championship game at Meigs.

Anything can happen but from the way Marion is playing I don't see them getting past the 1st round. 

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

It would have been better for a Chattanooga team to host or even Polk.

Most definitely, and weather could be a factor to, everyone having to go over the mountain. And Marion might don’t even be in it boys or girls.

Edited by Dadof2

Tonight Tyner played a very tough 4A team in Walker Valley winning by 11. WV actually lead by 4 at the half but the "Rams-D" showed up in 4th and put it away.

It doesn't get any easier as Tyner plays 4A-Howard tomorrow @ Howard. The kids are looking good under adverse conditions and are preparing for a tough District and Region tournament!! Coach Ward is doing an exceptional job with the youngsters!!