2A Region 2

Dadof2

On 1/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, ElGoat said:

I want to see Meigs beat Sweetwater and etowah before I declare them one Of the favorites.. don’t believe Meigs has beaten either since moving back to the district a few years ago. 
Caleb Milen (polk) or Colby Raymer (Kingston) is the best player in the region. I believe Raymer had 54 pts against etowah a few weeks back. 

MCMINN CENTRAL is  in englewood  quit that etowah mess . That would be like calling walker valley Charleston it just doesn't make sense 

Still a lot of basketball to be played and seeds to be determined, but since I had a little time on my hands I decided to do some predictions concerning Region 2. 

If the current standings held up and the teams finished the district tournament as they are today, the Region 2 match-ups would be:

Tyner vs McMinn Central

Meigs vs Polk Co.

Sweetwater vs CSAS

Brainerd vs Kingston

I know it's too early but just some food for thought!!

8 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Still a lot of basketball to be played and seeds to be determined, but since I had a little time on my hands I decided to do some predictions concerning Region 2. 

If the current standings held up and the teams finished the district tournament as they are today, the Region 2 match-ups would be:

Tyner vs McMinn Central

Meigs vs Polk Co.

Sweetwater vs CSAS

Brainerd vs Kingston

I know it's too early but just some food for thought!!

Some good matchups but like you said there’s a lot of ball still left to play. Sweetwater looks to be playing good, a 1 point loss to CSAS let’s you know they can play.  Meigs has been up and down but they have a solid team. Kingston & Central have struggled so far. And don’t count out Loudon. Meigs beat them handedly but they played Sweetwater close they could sneak in. 

56 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Some good matchups but like you said there’s a lot of ball still left to play. Sweetwater looks to be playing good, a 1 point loss to CSAS let’s you know they can play.  Meigs has been up and down but they have a solid team. Kingston & Central have struggled so far. And don’t count out Loudon. Meigs beat them handedly but they played Sweetwater close they could sneak in. 

That's why I like the District tournaments. It gives teams an opportunity to redeem themselves and sometimes they change the entire Region playoff matchups!

19 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Any of the 4 teams in Dist.4 is capable of winning the championship. Polk and Tyner split; CSAS and Polk was a 5 point game; Polk and Brainerd was 5 points; Brainerd and Tyner had to win in Overtime against CSAS!!

It's going to be intriguing (to say the least).

On 1/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, ElGoat said:

I want to see Meigs beat Sweetwater and etowah before I declare them one Of the favorites.. don’t believe Meigs has beaten either since moving back to the district a few years ago. 
Caleb Milen (polk) or Colby Raymer (Kingston) is the best player in the region. I believe Raymer had 54 pts against etowah a few weeks back. 

Central has struggled this year so far but they get shot at Sweetwater tonight and Kingston comes to Meigs two big district games. I would like to see Meigs and Sweetwater undefeated in the district when they play.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Central has struggled this year so far but they get shot at Sweetwater tonight and Kingston comes to Meigs two big district games. I would like to see Meigs and Sweetwater undefeated in the district when they play.

I’m excited for the game tonight. Raymer is a stud. Hoping the tigers are ready, I think they will be. 

Edited by ElGoat

8 hours ago, ElGoat said:

I’m excited for the game tonight. Raymer is a stud. Hoping the tigers are ready, I think they will be. 

Meigs with a comfortable win over Kingston tonight and it looks like Sweetwater and Central were in a dog fight with Sweetwater getting a two point win. Meigs at Central Friday night.

Edited by Dadof2

On 1/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, Dadof2 said:

Meigs with a comfortable win over Kingston tonight and it looks like Sweetwater and Central were in a dog fight with Sweetwater getting a two point win. Meigs at Central Friday night.

Central beats Meigs tonight. This district is pretty close IMO. Going to be some good basketball games the next several weeks.

47 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

Central beats Meigs tonight. This district is pretty close IMO. Going to be some good basketball games the next several weeks.

Meigs just played bad tonight, I was surprised that they lead by 7 at halftime and the second half foul trouble made it even harder. I still think it comes down to Meigs and Sweetwater. Central has put themselves in a uphill battle losing to a not very good Kingston team and the district tournament being at Meigs helps them a lot. 

Meigs at Sweetwater next week will tell us a lot.