2A Region 2

Dadof2

19 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Tonight Tyner played a very tough 4A team in Walker Valley winning by 11. WV actually lead by 4 at the half but the "Rams-D" showed up in 4th and put it away.

It doesn't get any easier as Tyner plays 4A-Howard tomorrow @ Howard. The kids are looking good under adverse conditions and are preparing for a tough District and Region tournament!! Coach Ward is doing an exceptional job with the youngsters!!

Most of the district 3 teams canceled tonight’s games because of sickness 

20 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

It doesn't get any easier as Tyner plays 4A-Howard tomorrow @ Howard. The kids are looking good under adverse conditions and are preparing for a tough District and Region tournament!! Coach Ward is doing an exceptional job with the youngsters!!

Got outplayed this afternoon by a determined Howard squad. Played pretty good the 1st half, but the 2nd half was a killer. We'll get a chance to right the ship next Saturday at home against Howard. 

On 1/24/2022 at 3:31 PM, TynerRamFan said:

We're half way through District 4. The standings as of 01/24/2022:

1. Tyner 5-1

2. Brainerd 3-1

3. CSAS 2-2

4. Polk Co. 2-3

5. Marion Co. 0-5

Tomorrow CSAS plays Marion and the marquee game is Brainerd @ Polk and should determine whether or not Polk is legit or not. 

Polk beat Brainerd 76-71 and put a whole new look on the 2,3 and 4 seed. Brainerd is 3-2, CSAS is 3-2 and Polk is 3-3. Tyner must beat either Brainerd or CSAS to lock down the #1 seed. Both games are on the road.

It's going to be an interesting 2 weeks in District 4!!

7 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Polk beat Brainerd 76-71 and put a whole new look on the 2,3 and 4 seed. Brainerd is 3-2, CSAS is 3-2 and Polk is 3-3. Tyner must beat either Brainerd or CSAS to lock down the #1 seed. Both games are on the road.

It's going to be an interesting 2 weeks in District 4!!

In district 3 there’s a lot still to be settled. Sweetwater  comes to Meigs Friday and Central comes next week.

Sweetwater 6-0 

Central 4-2

Meigs 4-2

Kingston 2-3

21 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

In district 3 there’s a lot still to be settled. Sweetwater  comes to Meigs Friday and Central comes next week.

Sweetwater 6-0 

Central 4-2

Meigs 4-2

Kingston 2-3

I can see that after next Tuesday, 2/1, you should have a pretty good idea of seedings in District 3. Sweetwater will have played both Meigs and Central.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, Dadof2 said:

Sweetwater 6-0 

Central 4-2

Meigs 4-2

Kingston 2-3

Out of all the scores that posted last night, the one that got my attention was: Polk 58, McCentral 49.  They could meet in Region 1st round. Polk will be a "tough-out" for any team !!

45 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Out of all the scores that posted last night, the one that got my attention was: Polk 58, McCentral 49.  They could meet in Region 1st round. Polk will be a "tough-out" for any team !!

I agree Polk comes to Meigs on the 7th. Meigs has a big district game tonight against Sweetwater.

Edited by Dadof2

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

This will be for control of Dist.3, and I'd say it is a "huge" game!! If you can, post halftime and final score.

What radio station will broadcast, if any??

Will do. Sweetwater has a local radio station that does their games and Meigs has a YouTube channel that does the home games. The old football coach Fitzgerald did it last night. I will find the info and post.