2A Region 2

Dadof2

37 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

You know you’re a good player when behind “held in check” is “only” scoring 20. Lol

I can’t decide which player I think better. Milen or the kid from Kingston. I think I’m leaning towards the kid from Kingston I think he’s more expensive but the kid from Polk is smooth.

17 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I can’t decide which player I think better. Milen or the kid from Kingston. I think I’m leaning towards the kid from Kingston I think he’s more expensive but the kid from Polk is smooth.

Yes, both very good, and also very different.  Milen (Polk) is very smooth and Raymer (Kingston) is very explosive.  Milen plays more perimeter and very good off screens, Raymer consistently attacks the rim but will also shoot the 3.  Played together in AAU last spring/summer.

The Districts start next week and will be seeded as such:

District 3               District 4

1.Sweetwater       1.Tyner

2.Meigs Co.           2.Brainerd

3.McMinn Cen      3.CSAS

4.Kingston             4.Polk Co.

Which teams are trending up or on a roll?? How many games will be decided by single digits?? 

Throw out the records and may the best teams win!

31 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

The Districts start next week and will be seeded as such:

District 3               District 4

1.Sweetwater       1.Tyner

2.Meigs Co.           2.Brainerd

3.McMinn Cen      3.CSAS

4.Kingston             4.Polk Co.

Which teams are trending up or on a roll?? How many games will be decided by single digits?? 

Throw out the records and may the best teams win!

Sweetwater is a solid team and playing good right now. Meigs is a little up and down but they can shoot the three ball and if they get hot they can play with anyone. Central’s kinda like Meigs up and down but they have some good wins over teams like McMinn Co. Kingston is just under manned but they have one of the best players in the region. Anything can happen come tournament time.

8 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Sweetwater is a solid team and playing good right now. Meigs is a little up and down but they can shoot the three ball and if they get hot they can play with anyone. Central’s kinda like Meigs up and down but they have some good wins over teams like McMinn Co. Kingston is just under manned but they have one of the best players in the region. Anything can happen come tournament time.

District 4 has been hard to predict when it comes to the wins and losses. Polk can beat any team except for CSAS; CSAS loses 2 one-point games to Brainerd; Brainerd is up and down with 2 blow-out losses to Tyner; and Tyner is strong but 3 or 4 losses on the season should have been wins!

Hope all the teams can stay healthy and if they do, it will be exciting!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

District 4 has been hard to predict when it comes to the wins and losses. Polk can beat any team except for CSAS; CSAS loses 2 one-point games to Brainerd; Brainerd is up and down with 2 blow-out losses to Tyner; and Tyner is strong but 3 or 4 losses on the season should have been wins!

Hope all the teams can stay healthy and if they do, it will be exciting!

Be a long drive for the Region Tournament.......since its in Marion County. Will be some pretty competitive games I think. 

Why can't Polk beat CSAS? They got some good looking kids.....play hard.

2 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Be a long drive for the Region Tournament.......since its in Marion County. Will be some pretty competitive games I think. 

Why can't Polk beat CSAS? They got some good looking kids.....play hard.

The only thing I can say about the Polk/CSAS game is: it must be the "match-ups" on the court. CSAS is an excellent team. When we played them in the first game they led every quarter and was up by 9 points going to the 4th. Tyner tied the game in the last minute and won it in overtime.

CSAS beat Sweetwater early in the season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Charger64 said:

The 1st round games(quarterfinals) in Region will be played on home court of the higher seeded team. Just depends on where your team ends up in the district. Semi-final and Final will be played in Jasper.

Congrats to Tyner Seniors Jatavion Williams, Anthony Sims and Xavier Fisher. The "Rams" won another regular season Championship by beating CSAS last night. Coach E'Jay Ward has done an excellent job in the 5 years of coaching which has resulted in 103 wins. He is 55-9 in district play! 

Good Luck "Rams" in the coming weeks and remember to stay "Ram-Tough!!!

Dist. 3's Region teams are how they finished the regular season. The toss-up is Meigs/Central with the advantage going to Meigs. If that happens, the Final should be "barn-burner"!! Sweetwater had a 16 game winning streak until they played Howard the other night and lost by 11. 

Dist. 4's teams should be the same four...I have no doubt that Polk will beat Marion tonight, however it will be closer and might be a single digits game. If that happens, both semi-final games should be good ones.

• Like 2