What’s up with Jordan James?.....

MLREB

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Best back to ever come out of Ruco…. You covering a lot of territory with that statement.  

Tell me another who has won two state championship mvp’s…… has 3 rings (1 from BA and 2 from Oakland). He is a great runner, receiver and an even better blocker. His versatility is better than any of the others I know of. Like I said “it’s saying a lot because there have been some great ones” but he stands atop the pile. I used to think it was Ralph King but Jordan is bigger, stronger and a much better blocker and receiver. I would love to see film of a better one.

15 hours ago, HTV said:

So, they were chasing rings?  

(And I have no dog in this hunt, just enjoying the entertainment value)  

:popcorneater:

Possibly running from academics and 2-3 hours of homework every night. Believe me when I say that very few students/families today are built for the serious academic load that these large D2AAA schools require.  

13 hours ago, TSSAAdaddy said:

Buck can deliver whatever is needed. He made it easy for Creasy.

Creasy never has to coach up his players, with his collection. Strange how that always happens.

I do agree that James is not elite, but he is best back out of RCS via Williamson County.

4 hours ago, cbg said:

Possibly running from academics and 2-3 hours of homework every night. Believe me when I say that very few students/families today are built for the serious academic load that these large D2AAA schools require.  

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  

There are a lot of families who are very much pro education in this day and time.  That's why I support vouchers to help those who aren't in a financial position to get their kids out of systems that are more interested in "social teaching" rather than academic teaching and in to schools that will actually prepare them academically.  

And let me clarify that by saying that a large, large majority of the teachers and administrators in the school buildings themselves are doing the best job they can with what they are given from a directive standpoint.  The problem is with top heavy system administrations and the mandates the feds are imposing.  

15 hours ago, 422PT said:

Tell me another who has won two state championship mvp’s…… has 3 rings (1 from BA and 2 from Oakland). He is a great runner, receiver and an even better blocker. His versatility is better than any of the others I know of. Like I said “it’s saying a lot because there have been some great ones” but he stands atop the pile. I used to think it was Ralph King but Jordan is bigger, stronger and a much better blocker and receiver. I would love to see film of a better one.

In order to be a great runner you have to have a cast around you.  Hard to compare others unless they all ran behind the same line and had other playmakers to take the heat off of you at times.  James had all those things going for him.  He is definitely a great back but the best…. Not sure.  Honestly I was more impressed with others but that position runs deep in Rutherford Co.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  

There are a lot of families who are very much pro education in this day and time.  That's why I support vouchers to help those who aren't in a financial position to get their kids out of systems that are more interested in "social teaching" rather than academic teaching and in to schools that will actually prepare them academically.  

And let me clarify that by saying that a large, large majority of the teachers and administrators in the school buildings themselves are doing the best job they can with what they are given from a directive standpoint.  The problem is with top heavy system administrations and the mandates the feds are imposing.  

Just speaking from experience that a small percentage of students/families support 2-3 hours of homework every night including the weekends.  Yes, I totally agree that “social teaching” and the great “educational experiment “ has been a disaster.  We will also agree that the large metropolitan school districts are so top heavy with with overpaid administrators that they will likely never be fixed.  The only way to fix the large school districts is to completely break them apart and start again.  

42 minutes ago, cbg said:

Just speaking from experience that a small percentage of students/families support 2-3 hours of homework every night including the weekends.  Yes, I totally agree that “social teaching” and the great “educational experiment “ has been a disaster.  We will also agree that the large metropolitan school districts are so top heavy with with overpaid administrators that they will likely never be fixed.  The only way to fix the large school districts is to completely break them apart and start again.  

And my experience says that is 100% wrong.  

3 hours ago, Appvol said:

I know it’s recruiting but will this hurt Kirby in the future when he wants a kid from TN in the Nashville area. 

Not really.  If Georgia is interested in a prospect, and the prospect in Georgia, what happened elsewhere doesn't really matter.  It's about the relationship between recruiter and recruit.