What’s up with Jordan James?.....

MLREB

Read from a primary source that Tennessee passed based on him not being a good fit, or he would have been a Vol. I'm not an expert, but based on my observations I felt like he would have been an excellent fit at Tennessee. Any comments on this from those that know more than I?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Read from a primary source that Tennessee passed based on him not being a good fit, or he would have been a Vol. I'm not an expert, but based on my observations I felt like he would have been an excellent fit at Tennessee. Any comments on this from those that know more than I?

Thanks

Really not trying to be a wise acre here, but since Tennessee didn't offer him it stands to reason that they didn't think he was a fit for one reason or another.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MLREB said:

So any comments on why he was not a good fit?

No, coaches can't talk about individual prospects until after they sign an LOI or enroll.  

My guess is that with UT's limited scholarship numbers, trying to get to the self imposed 73ish to satisfy the powers that be at the NCAA, that they didn't think they needed to sign another RB in the late signing period and didn't want to use one of the 73.  

10 hours ago, Appvol said:

But Georgia took a RB from Texas today instead of a RB that was committed forever.

https://247sports.com/player/andrew-paul-46059416/

I was looking forward to seeing Jordan James play in the SEC no matter who he choose but this old guy can't stay up late to see those west coast games but I do hope him the best and enjoyed watching him play at Oakland. 

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I was looking forward to seeing Jordan James play in the SEC no matter who he choose but this old guy can't stay up late to see those west coast games but I do hope him the best and enjoyed watching him play at Oakland. 

Oregon actually played alot of games last year that started at 7:30 or earlier, so you'll get your chance