What’s up with Jordan James?.....

MLREB

On 12/18/2021 at 7:00 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm sure he'll be there but I would hate to count my chickens if the last bus only had a seat or two left with four or five that were standing there they may have a better need for. When they played Tennessee I didn't see any more need for a good running back.

His #### is a lot better than “good”…. He will be wherever he wants to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Some reports that he is a "plan B" for Ga and not guaranteed a spot. Time will tell. Might end up at Oklahoma or Florida, etc.. Nothing shameful about that. Ga recruiting is elite and other position may be a higher priority at the present.  Just the business of recruiting with limited scholarships available. Says nothing about his talent but points to Ga needs and who commits or does not commit. 

Edited by sportsfan53ray

5 hours ago, sportsfan53ray said:

Some reports that he is a "plan B" for Ga and not guaranteed a spot. Time will tell. Might end up at Oklahoma or Florida, etc.. Nothing shameful about that. Ga recruiting is elite and other position may be a higher priority at the present.  Just the business of recruiting with limited scholarships available. Says nothing about his talent but points to Ga needs and who commits or does not commit. 

This seems to make more sense than anything else.  

Georgia's early recruiting class included 22 signees, 12 of them defensive players, only one running back and a punter.  Looking at their roster and depth chart they return pretty much everybody of note in the RB corp except for Cook.  Looks like RB is down on their list of priorities in this class.  

Georgia is at the point where they can "select', rather than recruit.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Just asking a simple question that “NO ONE” at this point and time has answered.  

The transfer portal has completely changed recruiting.  Schools are holding back scholarships towards their 25 allowed per year to have for the right transfers who may be interested.  I have a feeling that with the stable of running backs UGA already has that this may be the case and James may or may not end up there depending on what transfers want to come in.  

The portal has made it more important for high school prospects to make up their minds and get their slots cemented, especially at the upper level programs.  Waiting may not turn out well for all but the highest level of high school recruits.  Schools are going to take a proved transfer with a 2/3 years of eligibility left over most high school prospects almost every time.  With early draft declarations in this day and time they need to plug holes immediately and not wait for high school signees to mature/develop.  

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 1

The transfer portal has completely changed college football forever. College Football has always been the minor leagues to the pros but now more so than ever. It's no longer about a kid getting an opportunity to get a free ride to school to make something for themselves but a clear cut business of semi pro football players there disguised as a college athlete for one reason and one reason only, the NFL. The winners will go on to the NFL and the rest will make good garbage men. I read the news articles that have popped up the past couple of days about Tennessee players deciding to leave but in reality they were cut from the squad just as they are in the NFL to make room for better developed players from the portal. On top of everything else the name likeness where all the cheating will go on above board instead of under the table in the past. At least we can now see who was filling those McDonald bags full of money because that won't change hands at all. Haven't been to a UT game now in 12 years and plan on never going again and believe me I get plenty of free tickets that come my way due to business sources and never go. Just hate what all has happened to college sports but I do hope Jordan James the best if he is at Georgia or wherever.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

The transfer portal has completely changed college football forever. College Football has always been the minor leagues to the pros but now more so than ever. It's no longer about a kid getting an opportunity to get a free ride to school to make something for themselves but a clear cut business of semi pro football players there disguised as a college athlete for one reason and one reason only, the NFL. The winners will go on to the NFL and the rest will make good garbage men. I read the news articles that have popped up the past couple of days about Tennessee players deciding to leave but in reality they were cut from the squad just as they are in the NFL to make room for better developed players from the portal. On top of everything else the name likeness where all the cheating will go on above board instead of under the table in the past. At least we can now see who was filling those McDonald bags full of money because that won't change hands at all. Haven't been to a UT game now in 12 years and plan on never going again and believe me I get plenty of free tickets that come my way due to business sources and never go. Just hate what all has happened to college sports but I do hope Jordan James the best if he is at Georgia or wherever.

I am just old enough to remember when a select few young men from small towns all over the South would accept a football scholarship to play for the local state institution.  These young men were not from wealthy families and a football scholarship was the only way that they could ever receive a college education.  Most of these young men did not have aspirations of playing professional football but merely wanted to be able to support their families and have a better quality of life than their parents.  In most instances progress is for the better but when a very large percentage of college athletes don’t take advantage of getting their education with the thoughts that they will turn pro and make millions something is wrong.  Education is truly the best and most secure way out of poverty!

Edited by cbg