Top assistants in the state?

falcon039

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Rbel4life said:

Wes Jones - currently at Science Hill in Johnson City, TN 

not sure he will leave his asst role any time soon, but If the opportunity presented itself- he is HC material for any size program 

great coach great leader 

You are aware that he was the head coach at Hardin Valley Academy in Knoxville for 10 years, correct?  

He left because he didn't want to be a head coach any longer and wanted his family to be near family in the tri cities.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HTV said:

You are aware that he was the head coach at Hardin Valley Academy in Knoxville for 10 years, correct?  

He left because he didn't want to be a head coach any longer and wanted his family to be near family in the tri cities.  

Oh, I’m very aware of the quality program he built at Hardin Valley.  

You may know him better than me, but If I were a betting man, He will be a HC again in this decade. He is too good to of a HC to be an asst.  If & when he and his family are ready for him to be a HC again… it will happen.  

I’ve watched him create something out of “nothing” more times than I can count,  coached with him,  played with him, played against him, and known a lot of kids that played for him…the man is not just good at what he does, he is passionate about doing things the right way.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Rbel4life said:

Oh, I’m very aware of the quality program he built at Hardin Valley.  

You may know him better than me, but If I were a betting man, He will be a HC again in this decade. He is too good to of a HC to be an asst.  If & when he and his family are ready for him to be a HC again… it will happen.  

I’ve watched him create something out of “nothing” more times than I can count,  coached with him,  played with him, played against him, and known a lot of kids that played for him…the man is not just good at what he does, he is passionate about doing things the right way.  

If you say so, but that "quality program" was left in such quality shape that it's gone 3-17 the last 2 years.  And it's one of the largest 2 high schools in the county.   

9 minutes ago, TheTelfordTank said:

Just look at the top programs from 3a-6a, I'm sure there are several assistants on those staffs that could transition into a head coaching position and do a really good job.  

Why not 1a or 2a?? i know some real good assistants over here in the valley that coach small ball (marion, south pitt, bledsoe) and could coach at any level.  just done understand why you left them out

18 hours ago, TheBest2018 said:

Why not 1a or 2a?? i know some real good assistants over here in the valley that coach small ball (marion, south pitt, bledsoe) and could coach at any level.  just done understand why you left them out

I will agree with you.  The main reason for me picking the larger schools, is strictly because of the size of staffs and resources.  I am sure there are really good ones all over the state, regardless of class.  Small school sensitive I see.