Tullahoma coaching search

SurfingPatriot786

• 2 weeks later...

I support giving Coach Sisk the opportunity to be the head coach if he wants it. Since he took over as DC the Cats have gotten better every year. The methods that are already in place have proven to be highly successful. I'm not sure why you would change the system at this point. It's working. 

However, not every coordinator or assistant coach wants to be a head coach. Tullahoma is a pretty big job for someone who has never been a head coach, especially considering the success that will be expected. It's going to be tough to follow a legend.

Most head coaching hires are made when a program is not successful, meaning schools are usually looking to shake things up inside the football program. Coming off a state championship, the Wildcats are certainly not in that position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottShasteen said:

I support giving Coach Sisk the opportunity to be the head coach if he wants it. Since he took over as DC the Cats have gotten better every year. The methods that are already in place have proven to be highly successful. I'm not sure why you would change the system at this point. It's working. 

However, not every coordinator or assistant coach wants to be a head coach. Tullahoma is a pretty big job for someone who has never been a head coach, especially considering the success that will be expected. It's going to be tough to follow a legend.

Most head coaching hires are made when a program is not successful, meaning schools are usually looking to shake things up inside the football program. Coming off a state championship, the Wildcats are certainly not in that position.

Solid thought process, but not a guarantee either. Our program went through the same situation...very successful coach left and a coordinator was hired, thinking things would continue "as is". In two seasons the roster went from 65-70 kids to low 20's, quarterfinal game to 2 wins, and fan support dwindled. He even left us holding the bag for $30,000.00 for new (ugly) uniforms when the "old" ones were in great condition because he "wanted to take the former coach's stamp off the program". Be careful the direction you go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1