Montgomery County Opening's.

GatorBodine3

18 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

When you don't prioritize athletics, coaches are gonna (rightly) get out when a better offer comes along. Don't blame Greer at all for taking the OC gig at Stewarts Creek

Yeah I definitely don't blame him, I mean even the coaching stipends there are some of the worse compared to counties of their size around the state.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, thefootballguru said:

Kenwood is now open as well this has been one of the biggest turnovers in one offseason for Montgomery County

Well half the schools in Montgomery County will have brand new head coaches next year. 
But a HC leaving for an OC job shows how much support coaches get her in Montgomery County.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, shiff53 said:

Another joke of a hire for the county. They could not care less about sports in Clarksville unless your team wears Purple. Other than that it's gonna be a revolving door of coaches at most of the schools.

True and I would assume like the other hires at CMCSS, the coach was prob from the old staff. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2022 at 2:54 PM, thefootballguru said:

Kenwood is now open as well this has been one of the biggest turnovers in one offseason for Montgomery County

So I believe three out of the four openings in Clarksville hired assistants that were already on staff. I’m sure it was because they were the most qualified and not just because they coach football and teach…. except for NE, who hired a semi pro coach.
I wish them all the best luck, but if I was a betting man I would think all four teams plus NW will have new coaches in four years or less. 

I am sure Clarksville will be decent, but how will the other teams in Montgomery County do this year?

Edited by GatorBodine3

1 minute ago, GatorBodine3 said:

So I believe three out of the four openings in Clarksville hired assistants that were already on staff. I’m sure it was because they were the most qualified and not just because they coach football and teach…. except for NE, who hired a semi pro coach.
I wish them all the best luck, but if I was a betting man I would think all four teams plus NW will have new coaches in four years or less. 

I wonder how Clarksville football will look this year?

They had a fast little running back returning.  

2 hours ago, GatorBodine3 said:

I am sure Clarksville will be decent, but how will the other teams in Montgomery County do this year?

Mhmmm some of those hires if not all were head scrachers because I know some of the people with qualified resumes applied for those jobs. But like you said the one with the most talent hired a semi pro coach! yeah you're giving four years but I'm giving it two years before the cycle starts again. 

3 hours ago, fredjones said:

And a new high school is opening in Clarksville in 2023.  

Yeah I believe Kirkwood opens up in two years. Since it’s on that side of town, I’m sure they will at least try to get a good coach like CHS and Rossview. All the north side schools and Central tend to hire the first guy who teaches in the school and coach’s football.