TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

4 minutes ago, Tennesseepicks said:

What would you say the spread would be Loretto Vs Gibson Co?

Hard to say.  Gibson County is a great team.  Loretto has looked scary good this year.  Beating several good teams by 25-30+.  That, along with having Karly, gives the edge to Loretto at this point in the season imo.

49 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Hard to say.  Gibson County is a great team.  Loretto has looked scary good this year.  Beating several good teams by 25-30+.  That, along with having Karly, gives the edge to Loretto at this point in the season imo.

LadyCavsFan made a comment out of the blue the other day saying he wants to see a Loretto vs Gibson County matchup. He has watched us both play and is a nuetral party and said he thinks it would be a war. I would have it like you do with 1) Loretto 2) Gibson County 3) Westview 4) Summertown and 5) York, McMinn Central and Gatlinburg-Pittman. Do I think Gatlinburg-Pittman, McMinn Central and York could win it all?? Absolutely. Will be interesting for sure. Someone puts a gun to my head and says pick a state champ I would say 1 of the top four will win it. Hard to tell right now and all depends on who is playing the best ball late in the year. Loretto is the reigning champ and looks really good so you have to go with them but Gibson County is a better team this year and will be hungry. And I will even go on a little further and say this. If our role players play as good as they did when Micah was out against South Gibson they will be very difficult to beat. 

Edited by pioneer42

28 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

LadyCavsFan made a comment out of the blue the other day saying he wants to see a Loretto vs Gibson County matchup. He has watched us both play and is a nuetral party and said he thinks it would be a war. I would have it like you do with 1) Loretto 2) Gibson County 3) Westview 4) Summertown and 5) York, McMinn Central and Gatlinburg-Pittman. Do I think Gatlinburg-Pittman, McMinn Central and York could win it all?? Absolutely. Will be interesting for sure. Someone puts a gun to my head and says pick a state champ I would say 1 of the top four will win it. Hard to tell right now and all depends on who is playing the best ball late in the year. Loretto is the reigning champ and looks really good so you have to go with them but Gibson County is a better team this year and will be hungry. And I will even go on a little further and say this. If our role players play as good as they did when Micah was out against South Gibson they will be very difficult to beat. 

Agreed with just about everything here.

I knew putting Westmoreland at 5 may be hard for some to believe based on their record.  I just think they have better wins and a lot of fairly close losses to some great teams.

We will get a better understanding of where everyone is in the coming weeks!

Hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

2 hours ago, mas1821 said:

AA:

1.) Loretto

2.) Gibson County

3.) Westview

4.) Summertown

5.) Westmoreland

I am going to have to agree with this list, with York being my 5B ….

Westmoreland coach does a great job of scheduling tough opponents, no one should  be fooled by their record…

but that west , but not too far west region and sub-state games are going to be a state tournament in itself in 2A . 

merry Christmas everyone

18 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Agreed with just about everything here.

I knew putting Westmoreland at 5 may be hard for some to believe based on their record.  I just think they have better wins and a lot of fairly close losses to some great teams.

We will get a better understanding of where everyone is in the coming weeks!

Hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

I am sorry. Westmoreland is there at 5 with the others. Left 1 out. Westmoreland is solid. Too many good teams in AA.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheBasketballMind said:

I am going to have to agree with this list, with York being my 5B ….

Westmoreland coach does a great job of scheduling tough opponents, no one should  be fooled by their record…

but that west , but not too far west region and sub-state games are going to be a state tournament in itself in 2A . 

merry Christmas everyone

I agree. He is a good coach. Westmoreland is solid. Alcoa is pretty good too I heard.

• Upvote 1