TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

She was.  They also had a girl that won Miss Basketball back in 2011, which was the last time they won State.  Great history in Wayne Co!

I seen them against North Green win state. Think it was 2011. Think it went into OT. 

Edited by pioneer42

Great win last night against a scrappy Gleason ball club 70 to 60. Davis with 21 with 4 others in double figures. Carrington Lifsey had a nice game with 22 but when Anderson went out with 4 fouls in the 3rd quarter that was it for Gleason. Not sure why their big post didn't play the second half for Gleason ( she wasn't injured or anything). Impressive win by our girls. Got another big game on Thursday against TCA.

4 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Great win last night against a scrappy Gleason ball club 70 to 60. Davis with 21 with 4 others in double figures. Carrington Lifsey had a nice game with 22 but when Anderson went out with 4 fouls in the 3rd quarter that was it for Gleason. Not sure why their big post didn't play the second half for Gleason ( she wasn't injured or anything). Impressive win by our girls. Got another big game on Thursday against TCA.

Nice!! I figured tomorrow nights game will be cancelled. I was looking forward to seeing that game this year

1 hour ago, Tennesseepicks said:

It’s cancelled 

Last year we started the District Tournament on Tuesday February 23rd and finished the Region the following Wednesday March 3rd because of snow. Means in an 8 day period we played two Tournaments 5 games in that period. This rule where if schools are closed the games aren’t played regardless if it is 60 degrees and roads are clear is a silly rule. I am not a fan of making these games up if they are non district games and it possibly puts a strain on the team. And I hate it and love to play but these snow days and delays can wear a team out.

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Last year we started the District Tournament on Tuesday February 23rd and finished the Region the following Wednesday March 3rd because of snow. Means in an 8 day period we played two Tournaments 5 games in that period. This rule where if schools are closed the games aren’t played regardless if it is 60 degrees and roads are clear is a silly rule. I am not a fan of making these games up if they are non district games and it possibly puts a strain on the team. And I hate it and love to play but these snow days and delays can wear a team out.

I agree with you. I don’t think this game will be made up. Once you start that district grind I don’t see how you would want to travel to play McKenzie. Jmo 

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations on that big road game win!

Big Tuesday in store. Gibson County at McKenzie, Loretto at Summertown, Pickett County at Clarkrange, Crockett County at South Gibson, Gleason at Bradford, Huntington at Union City. Will be interesting. Will Loretto walk into a rattlesnake pit at Summertown?? We know Summertown will dig deep in this rivalry game. Hope X sports network live streams this one. Will be interesting if Summertown can keep up with Loretto. Rest of the games are big but this one will certainly have the hype. It will be an electric atmosphere.