TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Big Tuesday in store. Gibson County at McKenzie, Loretto at Summertown, Pickett County at Clarkrange, Crockett County at South Gibson, Gleason at Bradford, Huntington at Union City. Will be interesting. Will Loretto walk into a rattlesnake pit at Summertown?? We know Summertown will dig deep in this rivalry game. Hope X sports network live streams this one. Will be interesting if Summertown can keep up with Loretto. Rest of the games are big but this one will certainly have the hype. It will be an electric atmosphere. 

I have Loretto by 12 in Summertown. And Loretto by 20 or more at there place 

16 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I have Loretto by 12 in Summertown. And Loretto by 20 or more at there place 

Kinda the way I feel too. The first of possibly four or even five matchups. May be the best rival game in the state. Can Burdette stay out of foul trouble?? She will keep Summertown within striking distance in most games if she can play aggressive and not in foul trouble. Can Campbell and Summertown’s guards handle Loretto’s press and traps?? Pickett County and Clarkrange a big time rival game as well that will be the first of a few possibly. As we seen Loretto and Summertown battle it out last year Loretto got swept by Summertown until they met at the Glass House. 

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Big Tuesday in store. Gibson County at McKenzie, Loretto at Summertown, Pickett County at Clarkrange, Crockett County at South Gibson, Gleason at Bradford, Huntington at Union City. Will be interesting. Will Loretto walk into a rattlesnake pit at Summertown?? We know Summertown will dig deep in this rivalry game. Hope X sports network live streams this one. Will be interesting if Summertown can keep up with Loretto. Rest of the games are big but this one will certainly have the hype. It will be an electric atmosphere. 

Gonna be a great day of games!

Based on what I've seen between both teams thus far, I've got Loretto by 15-20 in Summertown.

It should definitely be streamed.  Let's just hope X Sports has their tech issues figured out.  Luckily we were at the Wayne Co game, cause the stream had a lot of issues.

What are y'all's score predictions for GC vs McKenzie?

4 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Based on what I've seen between both teams thus far, I've got Loretto by 15-20 in Summertown.

It should definitely be streamed.  Let's just hope X Sports has their tech issues figured out.  Luckily we were at the Wayne Co game, cause the stream had a lot of issues.

Yeah the Summertown Creekwood game had better streaming. I noticed the Loretto Wayne County streaming issues as well, but Loretto looked good from what I seen. If we play like we did against South Gibson and don’t protect the ball better, we will not win this game. But looking back even in 2019 we had some bad games when we just didn’t play well. Some games they just don’t have the energy from sickness or just no legs. You guys haven’t really had no close calls other than Westmoreland and South Side and that in itself is very impressive. I am going to say we win this game by 8 because of post play. Both teams will press whole game like last time. But McKenzie is really good and it will be a war. I am thinking Loretto by 12-15, South Gibson by 8, Clarkrange by 8, Gleason by 12, Huntingdon by 6. Key for Summertown will be protecting the ball and getting into a flow offensively, something Wayne County couldn’t do and Burdette having a big game and staying out of foul trouble to keep it close. Y’all’s defense is pretty solid and y’all have great size. Going to take a solid game to go the distance. These rival games can be crazy sometimes though. 

Think Loretto and Summertown will be a good one. As hard to play there as it is in the Barn. Top to bottom, we’re probably the better team but Burdette is a force. Just depends on who values the ball and keeps turnovers to a minimum. Watched Summertown against Richland in their tourney and I think they had 17 first half turnovers. They definitely can’t do that against Loretto and expect to win. 

41 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

McKenzie by 6 

17 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

Think Loretto and Summertown will be a good one. As hard to play there as it is in the Barn. Top to bottom, we’re probably the better team but Burdette is a force. Just depends on who values the ball and keeps turnovers to a minimum. Watched Summertown against Richland in their tourney and I think they had 17 first half turnovers. They definitely can’t do that against Loretto and expect to win. 

Summertown without Brazier in that  one / Coach trying different combos ( which none worked ) / Summertown has limited bench help this year compared to last several years - player rotation can’t vary much or same thing happen w Loretto - I agree if Burdette wants it bad enough she’ll get hers - and Summertown hitting 3s could be interesting but have to play near perfect 

30 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown without Brazier in that  one / Coach trying different combos ( which none worked ) / Summertown has limited bench help this year compared to last several years - player rotation can’t vary much or same thing happen w Loretto - I agree if Burdette wants it bad enough she’ll get hers - and Summertown hitting 3s could be interesting but have to play near perfect 

They can beat us but I’ve seen them play more than that one game and they had quite a few turnovers. That was one example that it was really bad. Should be a good game. Lot of stuff to look at.  Their ball handling against our pressure. Burdette against our defense. Who, if anybody gets in foul trouble? Anxious to see what happens.

44 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

If I am Summertown I go down low every possession either for a shot or to kick back out to guards. Hard to get open three’s against Loretto they are so tall. Got to create space some how either with penetration, transition or inside out passes. And Loretto will attack Burdette and use every trick with whoever Burdette is guarding to set screens for Karly up top all to get Burdette in foul trouble. They did that at state and got a couple of cheap fouls. Burdette is the key in this one. She needs 25-30 and not get in foul trouble and their guards need a great ball handling night and they may have a shot. 

Edited by pioneer42

I’m not sure anyone has played a more difficult schedule than Gibson County and Loretto at this point.  Considered 2 of the best and they definitely don’t back down from competition. Interested in the reason for Jay picking McKenzie by 6?   They are a good team but a pick against GC is surprising.   Still don’t know much about westview as they really haven’t played any top tier teams in the state and really won’t outside of GC in district. Not hearing much from the rest of the state in 2a.  Who stacks up with GC/ Loretto /Westview? 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

McKenzie by 6 

Could happen. With Gleason knocking off Clay County pretty big and Clay and Pickett and Clarkrange in slug fests and McKenzie knocking off Gleason by double digits looks like McKenzie is a big favorite to win the Gold Ball in Single A. Not that it will happen but looks like a favorite. I look for Gibson County to play more of a man to man press or a three quarter zone press some if McKenzie starts getting good looks from three. Gibson County made adjustments in the fourth quarter last meeting and shut them down pretty good. But McKenzie is good and it will be a war for sure.