TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

31 minutes ago, Rebelman51 said:

Pioneer42, I usually agree with most everything you say.  It was a good game tonight.  But I don't think UC or Huntingdon will be in the ballgame with yall.  

I think Huntingdon will.. that's if Lillie Kee or Sophie singleton gets a touch each possession. Sophie Singleton matches up well with Madison Hart, but I think Huntingdon's guards are outmatched. 

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

I think Huntingdon will.. that's if Lillie Kee or Sophie singleton gets a touch each possession. Sophie Singleton matches up well with Madison Hart, but I think Huntingdon's guards are outmatched. 

If we don’t protect the ball better than we have the last two, UC and Huntingdon will play with us. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 minutes ago, rammerjammer2 said:

Pickett County beat Clarkrange tonight at clarkrange by 11. Coach Smith has the girls playing very good basketball. No idea what they’ll end up finishing, but they are playing really well right now

Yeah and Bradford beat Gleason as well tonight. Good win for Pickett County. Another team people should keep a good eye on is North Green. Brooklyn Anderson is back.

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah and Bradford beat Gleason as well tonight. Good win for Pickett County. Another team people should keep a good eye on is North Green. Brooklyn Anderson is back.

Yea but nowhere near the same player she was a year ago and I’m not sure she will ever get back to being what she was in that state tournament game. Outside of her, North Greene is an average Single A team.

3 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Yea but nowhere near the same player she was a year ago and I’m not sure she will ever get back to being what she was in that state tournament game. Outside of her, North Greene is an average Single A team.

Gleason knocked off Clay County by double digits a couple of weeks ago and lost to Bradford last night tells me that the West is pretty good. McKenzie looks like the favorite with Pickett, Clarkrange or RBS in the mix. North Green beat Cloudland the other night and just got her back. Single A looks to me like there is not a dominant team right now other than McKenzie. I would bet North Green will get better.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Gleason knocked off Clay County by double digits a couple of weeks ago and lost to Bradford last night tells me that the West is pretty good. McKenzie looks like the favorite with Pickett, Clarkrange or RBS in the mix. North Green beat Cloudland the other night and just got her back. Single A looks to me like there is not a dominant team right now other than McKenzie. I would bet North Green will get better.

My concern with the Rebels is not having a true post and getting into foul trouble.  The bench is not deep.  

1 minute ago, VOLnWTN said:

My concern with the Rebels is not having a true post and getting into foul trouble.  The bench is not deep.  

That is the reason I think North Green could be dangerous in March. McKenzie will definitely have to get some points in the paint some how. You guys get buckets in the paint getting to the rim some. Just have to be productive with what you got as far as depth goes. Bad thing about y’all’s team is you could get a 30 point lead and still not get a lot of rest. Gibson County went 70-1 in two seasons in AA playing mostly 5 players and pressing whole game. Just got to stay disciplined. 

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

That is the reason I think North Green could be dangerous in March. McKenzie will definitely have to get some points in the paint some how. You guys get buckets in the paint getting to the rim some. Just have to be productive with what you got as far as depth goes. Bad thing about y’all’s team is you could get a 30 point lead and still not get a lot of rest. Gibson County went 70-1 in two seasons in AA playing mostly 5 players and pressing whole game. Just got to stay disciplined. 

Agree.  I told my radio partner last night when we got into foul trouble in the first half and, for the most part, you guys didn't, that we needed to drive to the paint more in the second half with Dyer and Davis to draw some fouls.  I knew the free throw line was going to be critical.  I think we only missed one free throw last night.  

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Agree.  I told my radio partner last night when we got into foul trouble in the first half and, for the most part, you guys didn't, that we needed to drive to the paint more in the second half with Dyer and Davis to draw some fouls.  I knew the free throw line was going to be critical.  I think we only missed one free throw last night.  

How many Turnovers did each team have last night?? I know McKenzie had at least three lay ups off of GC TO’s and we didn’t convert off of McKenzie I don’t think. GC usually makes a lot of hay there and hadn’t the last couple of games.

42 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

How many Turnovers did each team have last night?? I know McKenzie had at least three lay ups off of GC TO’s and we didn’t convert off of McKenzie I don’t think. GC usually makes a lot of hay there and hadn’t the last couple of games.

I didn't keep up with it.  I don't see Huntingdon or UC touching you guys.