TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

58 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I've said in several posts that it will be a war to make it out of Substate.  I could see any combination of things happening. Gibson Co & Westview could sweep substate, as could Summertown & Loretto. I feel Loretto's ceiling is higher than any other team in AA, but that means absolutely nothing come tournament time.  One off night at the wrong time and your season is over.

My question would be for Loretto and you know more than me is in these dogfight defensive wars like Summertown/Clarkrange last year do you have a post player that you feel good about in these games when  shots aren’t falling that can make a bucket or a comfortable go to in these type games?? Kinsey Weathers was really good and I don’t know how Fisher is doing but I pray that she is recovering well, but I know y’all are stacked every where else. I know Burdette is a beast and Hart is a beast for us. And I am not saying you aren’t good there but looks like these two teams have an edge there for sure. I will give Loretto an advantage at 1,2 and 3 but I will assure you Wilkins wouldn’t trade his PG for anyone in the state and you know Summertown has younger Campbell and Burlson so you guys do have an advantage but not a huge one. I think you guys are the team to beat mainly because of your shooting, defense and ball handling and serviceable at post. But the advantage  is razor thin, IMO.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

I've said in several posts that it will be a war to make it out of Substate.  I could see any combination of things happening. Gibson Co & Westview could sweep substate, as could Summertown & Loretto. I feel Loretto's ceiling is higher than any other team in AA, but that means absolutely nothing come tournament time.  One off night at the wrong time and your season is over.

I agree / on a given game don’t have night off but Loretto has Karly nuff said 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

My question would be for Loretto and you know more than me is in these dogfight defensive wars like Summertown/Clarkrange last year do you have a post player that you feel good about in these games when  shots aren’t falling that can make a bucket or a comfortable go to in these type games?? Kinsey Weathers was really good and I don’t know how Fisher is doing but I pray that she is recovering well, but I know y’all are stacked every where else. I know Burdette is a beast and Hart is a beast for us. And I am not saying you aren’t good there but looks like these two teams have an edge there for sure. I will give Loretto an advantage at 1,2 and 3 but I will assure you Wilkins wouldn’t trade his PG for anyone in the state and you know Summertown has younger Campbell and Burlson so you guys do have an advantage but not a huge one. I think you guys are the team to beat mainly because of your shooting, defense and ball handling and serviceable at post. But the advantage  is razor thin, IMO.

We have about 4-5 girls that will alternate down low, including Karly and Ally at times.  We have several girls between 5'10 & 6'1...   But, you're right...  We don't quite have a Madison or Burdette down low.  What we do have are girls that are capable of stopping them defensively due to athleticism (keeping them from getting the ball, frustrating them resulting in foul trouble, and blocking shots) . As far as if shots aren't falling, we have 5 girls that can drive to the basket.

I agree that there isn't a huge margin between GC and Loretto.  When you play pressure D like GC (or southside) and don't foul, you can really get to a team, even a great one..  Especially when you have the Hart sisters offensively.  GC can beat anyone in the state, no doubt about it.

Hoping we get Shelby back b4 the postseason.  She's a hardworker and was improving every time she played.  It's been about 6 months since her surgery.

I really hope we get to play SS in the Winter classic next week..  Like you said, being under that kind of pressure will be great for us win or lose!

Edited by mas1821

8 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

We have about 4-5 girls that will alternate down low, including Karly and Ally at times.  We have several girls between 5'10 & 6'1...   But, you're right...  We don't quite have a Madison or Burdette down low.  What we do have are girls that are capable of stopping them defensively due to athleticism (keeping them from getting the ball, frustrating them resulting in foul trouble, and blocking shots) . As far as if shots aren't falling, we have 5 girls that can drive to the basket.

I agree that there isn't a huge margin between GC and Loretto.  When you play pressure D like GC (or southside) and don't foul, you can really get to a team, even a great one..  Especially when you have the Hart sisters offensively.  GC can beat anyone in the state, no doubt about it.

I really hope we get to play SS in the Winter classic next week..  Like you said, being under that kind of pressure will be great for us win or lose!

Saw where Loretto plays Lakewood Ch next might get better idea about Loretto but don’t know how good LC is but record looks impressive 

21 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Saw where Loretto plays Lakewood Ch next might get better idea about Loretto but don’t know how good LC is but record looks impressive 

I haven't seen them, but they have some close wins over teams with some bad losses, but you never know.   Based on their quality of wins and loss, I find it hard to believe they are better than Westmoreland, Tullahoma, or Oakland.

If we beat them, we should face SS in the second game in that tourney..  I really hope that happens.  SS is tough!

Edited by mas1821

21 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

South Side will be challenged if y’all meet with the 2-3 matchup zone y’all play, IMO. We play South Side man to man every time we play them and I think it is just to try and get better defensively and trying to guard a quicker team, but they are a quick team and you don’t want them to get to the rim. We play South Side a lot during the summer as well. They lost their D-1 post in Currie-Jelks this summer, but has done a great job this year and do every year. Rebounding and 50/50 balls they win a lot of them battles as well. Win or lose it would be a great game for Loretto as will Lakeway Christian. You play these tough teams now and if you win that is great and if you lose you learn from it. You guys will be tough to beat whoever you play. I think Gibson County, Westview, Loretto and Summertown are reloading basketball factories, but the quality player Loretto is reloading with is very impressive. Ashley I am sure has a great big smile when someone asks about her basketball program. She has done an outstanding job there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

South Side will be challenged if y’all meet with the 2-3 matchup zone y’all play, IMO. We play South Side man to man every time we play them and I think it is just to try and get better defensively and trying to guard a quicker team, but they are a quick team and you don’t want them to get to the rim. We play South Side a lot during the summer as well. They lost their D-1 post in Currie-Jelks this summer, but has done a great job this year and do every year. Rebounding and 50/50 balls they win a lot of them battles as well. Win or lose it would be a great game for Loretto as will Lakeway Christian. You play these tough teams now and if you win that is great and if you lose you learn from it. You guys will be tough to beat whoever you play. I think Gibson County, Westview, Loretto and Summertown are reloading basketball factories, but the quality player Loretto is reloading with is very impressive. Ashley I am sure has a great big smile when someone asks about her basketball program. She has done an outstanding job there. 

know Loretto has other pieces but Karly is a generational player and those are hard to replace 

On 12/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

I am not usually a fan of Lownsdales polls but I will credit where credit is due.  The polls this year were not as biased as previous polls.  Still some favoritism shown but the top teams are there in the rankings.  Only one that was really a bad take was Cane Ridge as a contender!  :shock:  Unless they are missing a lot of players that isn’t even close….

Not a bad take about Cane Ridge after all… they beat a very good MTCS team in Jada Anthony’s first game back after going winless without her.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:09 PM, pioneer42 said:

Loretto - 58

JSS - 47