Columbia Lions

Tata

On 1/25/2022 at 1:46 PM, junglefan said:

:popcorneater: interesting to see who gets a better hire, CA or Central? 

The Central job would be a better job if terms of the opportunity to win ballgames imo.  The schedule for CA is brutal.  If Coach John Moore isn't selected at Central, it would be a big mistake by their administration.  

• Upvote 1

I’m surprised they didn’t move forward with John Moore. He seemed to do a pretty dang good job in a quick manner, but I’m just an outsider with not much knowledge. 

If Bobby Sharp really is about to get this job I hope that means Columbia is ready to hand him the keys and let him build this thing his way. They need continuity and strong commitment is important moving forward. 

On 1/25/2022 at 1:46 PM, junglefan said:

:popcorneater: interesting to see who gets a better hire, CA or Central? 

This shouldn't even be close. CA just fired their all-time winning coach, not because he forgot how to coach, but because they are now playing against other private schools who recruit better than them.  CA has no problem recruiting in softball or basketball but when it comes to football, not happening.  Doesn't matter who they hire.  If they don't recruit like the teams they are playing, they are not going to be competitive. They won 2 games in 2020 and 3 games in 2021.

As far as Central goes, talent is no issue.  Discipline and Structure is. They got that this year and finished 7-4 with a staff that was put together 30 days before the first game. If rumors are true about who they are hiring, it may be the best hire in the State, not just in Columbia!