Columbia Lions

Tata

On 1/17/2022 at 7:57 PM, tradertwo said:

Nah...he's never at a loss for words, even if they make no sense. It will be interesting to see if he continues to bash Lewis County without Sharp, or chooses to bash Sharp wherever* he chooses to be next season.

* Sharp has several options at his disposal... if the HC job at Columbia isn't offered (or if he turns it down), there are multiple others, one of which would turn 'ol Pizz's stomach!

Well, let’s see. They get a coach who knows how to schedule extremely weak teams and has two buddies in the T$$AA that will make sure his new team will be placed in the weakest 5A region in the state. I think Central made the best hire in the state! So, if Central becomes the “new” Hohenwald, what do you think?

On 1/27/2022 at 10:28 PM, SurfingPatriot786 said:

If Bobby Sharp really is about to get this job I hope that means Columbia is ready to hand him the keys and let him build this thing his way. They need continuity and strong commitment is important moving forward. 

Nah, it might take two years but Central will have the easiest 5A schedule in the state. So, no need to hand the keys over. If they do let him build it, you will see numerous winning seasons but no deep playoff runs or gold balls.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:32 PM, WingT08 said:

WRONG

You called it old friend.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:36 PM, WingT08 said:

you mean @Pizzpatriot2 ?

Lol, he most certainly did. They will never let me live that championship game down.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:27 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

He would not be "retiring" from Lewis County. Just leaving.

Is he drawing a retirement check? I know some from other states do.

8 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Well, let’s see. They get a coach who knows how to schedule extremely weak teams and has two buddies in the T$$AA that will make sure his new team will be placed in the weakest 5A region in the state. I think Central made the best hire in the state! So, if Central becomes the “new” Hohenwald, what do you think?

Nah, it might take two years but Central will have the easiest 5A schedule in the state. So, no need to hand the keys over. If they do let him build it, you will see numerous winning seasons but no deep playoff runs or gold balls.

You called it old friend.

Lol, he most certainly did. They will never let me live that championship game down.

Is he drawing a retirement check? I know some from other states do.

He can't draw retirement unless he is hired on a 120 day part time contract. That is possible since Rankin has been doing that for a couple years, but unlikely. He is under the TCRS so it doesn't matter what county he works in he can't work full time and draw his pension.

16 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I just heard about this tonight. It will be good for both parties. The coach will be able to win on a higher level and Central will be able to boast consistently winning records.

So, my interpretation of your position (despite what you said in the past) leads me to believe that your obsession was with the Lewis County program, and not Coach Sharp. 

Since the "news" broke, I 'll give you a few tidbits that I know (but urge you to treat as heresay)...Sharp could have gone many places, some on the pinnacle, some trying to get the corner turned, and in many capacities. This is old news...by November Sharp knew that he was gone from LC (not sure when he told them), and was involved in at least a few conversations with some (apparently) trustworthy people about other positions at other places. The element of trust will not be broken by me, especially after being kept so well for so long by so many, but I will say that I've gotten a lot of giggles out of one of Sharp's former players (current coach), who was brought up in contrast to Coach Sharp. The ultimate irony is that this guru coach that the poster held in such regard had an offer out to B Sharp to join him at his school at the time (don't believe... I hit it with a "wait and see" in November). I can tell you without breaking any trust at all, that we were trying to hire Sharp in whatever capacity (other than HC) that we could get him. Bobby Sharp is an asset to any football team...I wish that we'd have gotten him here, but wish him all the success at CC that he can muster.

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Very interesting hire. I wonder why Moore was not good enough to hire. Even better question is will Moore stay? 

He is staying. Former staff bashed Coach Moore to death to the parents after they were let go which may have been their biggest accomplishment in the 5 years they were there considering they had a 7-22 region record and 23-31 overall record from 2016 to 2020. 

Now that John Moore has been passed over for the head coaching position at Columbia Central, where will he go next. Yes, I know that he says that he will stay but everyone should know that he is already looking for his next head coaching position.  With the job that he did in cleaning up the mess and actually getting Columbia to the playoffs is nothing short of outstanding just to be passed over by Maury County politics.  

18 hours ago, tradertwo said:

So, my interpretation of your position (despite what you said in the past) leads me to believe that your obsession was with the Lewis County program, and not Coach Sharp. 

Since the "news" broke, I 'll give you a few tidbits that I know (but urge you to treat as heresay)...Sharp could have gone many places, some on the pinnacle, some trying to get the corner turned, and in many capacities. This is old news...by November Sharp knew that he was gone from LC (not sure when he told them), and was involved in at least a few conversations with some (apparently) trustworthy people about other positions at other places. The element of trust will not be broken by me, especially after being kept so well for so long by so many, but I will say that I've gotten a lot of giggles out of one of Sharp's former players (current coach), who was brought up in contrast to Coach Sharp. The ultimate irony is that this guru coach that the poster held in such regard had an offer out to B Sharp to join him at his school at the time (don't believe... I hit it with a "wait and see" in November). I can tell you without breaking any trust at all, that we were trying to hire Sharp in whatever capacity (other than HC) that we could get him. Bobby Sharp is an asset to any football team...I wish that we'd have gotten him here, but wish him all the success at CC that he can muster.

sounds juicy. I will not divulge my sources either but I have heard a lot of the same things.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, tradertwo said:

Well, aren't they kind of "one in the same"? I do know that even before Sharp began coaching there they did have weak schedules. So, I guess we'll see if the T$$AA still helps them out with whoever the new coach is and see if whoever the new coach is maintains weak schedules ending with short playoff runs.

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

On 2/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, tradertwo said:

You gotta do better than this! If you want E-cred, you have to talk in a manner those of us "not in the loop" can understand; such as "trustworthy" and "other places". What's all this "trust" and "not broken by me"? What former player (current coach)? 

All I'm seeing here are riddles, man. 

21 hours ago, pcwoody said:

Wondering if PP2 will bash him for the weakest schedule since Page will be on it?

I think it was a good hire for central.  Should be a great rivalry developed between C C and Page.  Expect some great games.

So, you joined the party, took your ball and went home then came back to it late? 

Woody, I've already commented about the future weak scheduling Central is going to have in just a couple of years. Come on man, get your head into the game!